PDA

View Full Version : SUperchip Update Today

SLVRG8GT
02-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by SLVRG8GT
Plugged it in and got a large update today. Looks like they have added shifting points for 1st-2nd 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th. It now shows RPM and MPH over stock tune tranny points. It still allows you to use the superchips preferred option or set back to stock ofcourse.

I set to the new config offered with trans shifting and will take it for a ride. I'll let you know my impression. Still waiting on the 93 octane tune and CAI as well. Look forward to seeing them soon. I understand we have a member that is graciously letting SC use his car for these additions. Please keep us in the loop and let us know where they are at.

:poof:

SRG963
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Plugged it in and got a large update today. Looks like they have added shifting points for 1st-2nd 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th. It now shows RPM and MPH over stock tune tranny points. It still allows you to use the superchips preferred option or set back to stock ofcourse.

I set to the new config offered with trans shifting and will take it for a ride. I'll let you know my impression. Still waiting on the 93 octane tune and CAI as well. Look forward to seeing them soon. I understand we have a member that is graciously letting SC use his car for these additions. Please keep us in the loop and let us know where they are at.

:auto:

Gotta go spend some quality time with the wife now and watch a movie (Wanted) Hope its decent :) Then I'll take a ride.

LOL, I've had the shift point option since day one, are we sure it's a new update? :)

I'm looking forward to the 93 tune and CAI tune for sure!

I think the new downloaded items were all the new tunes for the 09 GM line of Trucks and SUV's.

locrzn#92
02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Mine was updated the day they shipped it which was the 13th. I'm waiting for the 93 octane, that should be really awsome. Srg where are your shift points, mines seems a little lazy and soft still between 1-2, at partial throttle is still slow, 2-3 is real positive as are the other shifts.

SRG963
02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Mine was updated the day they shipped it which was the 13th. I'm waiting for the 93 octane, that should be really awsome. Srg where are your shift points, mines seems a little lazy and soft still between 1-2, at partial throttle is still slow, 2-3 is real positive as are the other shifts.

Everything is the Superchips Value besides Shift Torque, which I have at 50%, but thinking of raising it with the purchase of my new sticker tires :)

I left all the shift points where they were. After reading my dyno and getting good info from Kirk, it's shifting exactly where it should with the Superchips setting.

Try Sport Mode for quicker shifting. My normal mode seems to be more for touring, while my sport mode is more for hauling ass! The Manumatic shifting is so quick, like pushing a button :)

SLVRG8GT
02-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Well damn it all to hell. :poof: wtf else did I miss on this thing. :wacko: maybe if they updated the %$@#^&$ website and told us exactly what this thing does I would stop being so %$@#^&$ naive. :rant2:

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I called Superchips the other day and the Tech Support guy was just a messenger, he wasn't able to answer all my questions about the features on the tuner. He offered to submit a ticket to find out more info, but I declined since I had limited time on my lunch break. OH BOY.....

Slizzo
02-20-2009, 07:49 PM
LOL, I've had the shift point option since day one, are we sure it's a new update? :)

I'm looking forward to the 93 tune and CAI tune for sure!

I think the new downloaded items were all the new tunes for the 09 GM line of Trucks and SUV's.

Yeah, I remember those settings becoming available after the TQM update.

I have mine set up the same way, everything on SC value, with TQM at 50%.

BTW Shawn, if I "increase" the TQ setting from 50%-say 75%, does that mean that I'm removing more TQM? So if I set it to 25% my shifts will get softer correct?

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-20-2009, 07:54 PM
That's correct, a higher % shifts harder and a lower number shifts softer.

SRG963
02-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Yup:)