PDA

View Full Version : SLP is making a G8 Firehawk

phyzik
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Didnt see this posted, but SLP is making a Firehawk G8. Its in the latest "High Performance Pontiac" magazine.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/aftermarket/slp-reveals-the-pontiac-g8-firehawk-reinstates-legendary-nameplate/10635338+cr1+re0+ar1/pontiac-g8-firehawk-teaser.jpg

SLP reveals the Pontiac G8 Firehawk, reinstates legendary nameplate | Motortrend News & Auto Blog - Wide Open Throttle

If you didn't have the wherewithal to purchase a Pontiac Firebird Firehawk from your local dealer before GM killed the iconic musclecar, you may have another chance -- but it won't be a Firebird. At GM's Indy Bash this past weekend, New Jersey tuner SLP Performance Parts took the wraps off its latest available-through-your-dealer creation: the Pontiac G8 Firehawk.

While no one has seen the car in person yet, SLP released an official brochure for the G8 Firehawk, which tells us there will be several versions of the revered nameplate. SLP plans to upgrade every engine the G8 comes with, from the base V-6 to the top V-8. The company will also be offering a special SC supercharged model. No more details have been released yet, but SLP director of marketing David Hamburger has told LS1tech.com the car was meant to be unveiled at SEMA before GM asked it to announce the project at Indy Bash. SLP will also be setting up a Web site dedicated to the G8 Firehawk in the coming weeks.

Street Legal Performance has been making performance parts for a long time, but the company is best known for creating a special high-performance version of the now-extinct Pontiac Firebird that could be bought through dealerships back before the model was canceled. From 1991 to 2002, the Firebird Firehawk by SLP was the baddest Bird you could buy, sporting a number of performance upgrades that made it one of the fastest American cars on the streets. While the Firebird was put out to pasture, SLP pressed on, making performance parts for a number of American cars, until it found a successor for the Firehawk name, the Pontiac G8.

While Hamburger insists overall reaction to the G8 Firehawk has been positive, there has been some vocal opposition from previous-generation Firehawk owners who don't want to see the nameplate on anything but a Firebird. Hamburger has announced SLP has already finalized plans to go ahead with the G8 Firehawk, so the company obviously feels the car will be successful despite the criticisms.

Source: LS1tech.com

GT G8
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I'll take that lip spoiler....

Crazy Paul
02-20-2009, 07:08 PM
44 pages, 870 posts of insight here:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g8-2008-2009/989909-confirmed-slp-firehawk-g8-discuss.html

Chooch
02-21-2009, 06:33 AM
This version really does not look any different besides wheels. What I think an SLP Firehawk G8 should be is a AMG Black series like work over with pushed out fender flairs to make it like a touring car, and up the power a bit etc.... That would in my guess push the price way way up. Not sure even how good it drove, people would pay 50K for a G8, and I own one, But that in my mind would be cool,

-Ray-
02-21-2009, 07:15 AM
http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=3499&highlight=SLP+Firehawk

TheTugBoat
02-21-2009, 08:10 AM
lol they did up the power man...its blown.

'02 ws6
02-21-2009, 01:22 PM
There was a rumor going around on tech that they killed the Firehawk G8, but may just be speculation.

red_racer2
02-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Not worth the money.

'02 ws6
02-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Not worth the name IMO

Ktlplxm
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
lol they did up the power man...its blown.

SLP has pretty much "blown" since Ed's son started making decisions anyway lol

Naptown99
02-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Holy crap, 44 pages, 870 posts, and SLP still doesn't get it? wow...
Have you guys heard their power-flo axle backs for the G8? Hope those mufflers aren't put on the "Firehawk"
+1 for Supercharger whine out the front and fart can noise out the back!

nathan600r
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Sorry but I just wouldn't pay that kind of money for the firehawk edition. I'd rather have a vette for that price or very nice turbo G8, with a full GTS conversion.

WhyteSS
02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
no tanks.........

'02 ws6
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
SLP has pretty much "blown" since Ed's son started making decisions anyway lol

:rofl: so true