PDA

View Full Version : Car sat for most of a year

wreckwriter
02-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Been started a few times, spent part of the time on jackstands. Battery maintainer used the whole time. What do you guys think I need to do to get her ready for spring? Remember, not street legal so driving it around is not an option.

Crazy Paul
02-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Drain or suck out all the fuel and start again with fresh fuel.

wreckwriter
02-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Drain or suck out all the fuel and start again with fresh fuel.

That should pretty much do it? Its synthetic fuel (Sunoco 110) so has far better life span than real gas too.

BuildItYourSelf
02-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I'd say drain it out through the rail till it spits air. Throw 5 gallons in her and let it run through.
The only thing I know is that 110 eats tank foam after a wile. But I'd think you don't have that unless you have a cell.

wreckwriter
02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I'd say drain it out through the rail till it spits air. Throw 5 gallons in her and let it run through.
The only thing I know is that 110 eats tank foam after a wile. But I'd think you don't have that unless you have a cell.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. No, I don't have a cell, stock tank just aftermarket pump system.

BuildItYourSelf
02-10-2014, 07:19 PM
We ran that fuel in our late model class. And some people have left it in there tank all winter and ran it on the first track days. Seemed OK other then the cloged filters.
Probably not a good idea on a boosted car due to per det. It the late model class was 12:1 and they didn't have to take timing out or anything from it.
It sure is good fuel. Damn expensive tho.

wreckwriter
02-10-2014, 07:21 PM
We ran that fuel in our late model class. And some people have left it in there tank all winter and ran it on the first track days. Seemed OK other then the cloged filters.
Probably not a good idea on a boosted car due to per det. It the late model class was 12:1 and they didn't have to take timing out or anything from it.
It sure is good fuel. Damn expensive tho.

9 bucks a gallon as of last Feb.......

GXPaycheck
02-11-2014, 04:14 AM
Welcome back, btw!

tchr49
02-11-2014, 04:18 AM
Welcome back, btw!

^this, and how about a clip when you fire it up??

Napalm
02-12-2014, 07:52 AM
damn - I wouldn't drain it. like you say its high, high test. I'd maybe put some cleaner additive in it like a seafoam or berryman.

refresh me on your car again - high cube and blower right? you don't run meth injection do you?

Aside from fuel I have completely other concerns - what's your coolant and how was it kept, new oil I assume, tranny fluid condition, diff fluid condition and finally brake fluid condition.

is your car going to be street legal again?

TonyKarter
02-12-2014, 08:43 AM
it might be overkill, but you might consider spraying some outboard motor winterizing fogging oil in each cylinder and turning it over a few times by hand. I've just always done this with my outboards in the spring. I was thinkin' about you the other day: "He must have sold it and moved on. Man, where have all the originals gone?" I thought you fell off the face of the earth!

STL_G8GT
02-12-2014, 09:46 AM
it might be overkill, but you might consider spraying some outboard motor winterizing fogging oil in each cylinder and turning it over a few times by hand. I've just always done this with my outboards in the spring. I was thinkin' about you the other day: "He must have sold it and moved on. Man, where have all the originals gone?" I thought you fell off the face of the earth!

Seriously, gone for a long long time!

wreckwriter
02-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I've had a lot going on in the last year, mostly resolved I think.

As for the car, I'll probably just fire it up. My guess is it will start immediately.

Zodiac
02-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Record it, missed seeing your vids and input.