PDA

View Full Version : Stock Pipes Broke In

SRG963
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I know most of you have already dropped the stock for a cat back or axle back. But for those who lease and or like the quite sleeper exhaust (I'm both), now at 6k miles, the stock pipes are finally starting to sound nice:pee:

I think a x pipe to replace the middle muff might be on my to do list :repair:.

Anyone out there think it would be possible to cut a (I'm guessing) 6"X9" hole in the top of the stock middle muff and hollow it out? Then drop a X pipe so that it would be hidden? The top of the stock muff could be open as long as you couldn't see if from the bottom.

wreckwriter
08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Possible? probably but worth doing, I wouldn't think so.

Chewy
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Are you hiding it for lease reasons?

They won't care one bit...

I am putting on all kinds of stuff on my lease. :repair:

EcoBrick Bob
08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
When I had mine removed and replaced with an h-pipe, it showed a substantial hot spot in the center top. You can look right thru both sides. Doesn't seem to be restrictive, but definitely must be considering the heat markings on the case. Don't know if the heat buildup would be a problem if you opened it and installed an x-pipe but is something to be considered.

Because the shop cut mine off very close on both ends, I let them dispose of it.

Perhaps you can find someone who has kept the one they removed and acquire it. Then you could attempt to modify it to meet your needs.

Maybe Charlie has some input on this??????

RRM

GRRRR8
08-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Cut the mid resonator and 2 round ones out and replace with an X.