PDA

View Full Version : xm radio help

Pontiacnewbie
01-23-2014, 07:59 PM
i just got my G8. My radio is the 3 mo free trail . I updated the subscription, how do I get the rest of the channels. I only get 5 for the xm1 and the xm2.

firebird274
01-23-2014, 09:00 PM
What? I dont know what you mean by XM1 and XM2. But with any new XM radio it has to receive the activation signal from the satellites which can take up to 24 hours.

-Ray-
01-24-2014, 03:05 AM
i just got my G8. My radio is the 3 mo free trail . I updated the subscription, how do I get the rest of the channels. I only get 5 for the xm1 and the xm2.

Did your G8 come with the manual? If not you can download one.

astynx
01-24-2014, 06:46 AM
For XM categories: press on left cd control (disc selection I think) For channels in a category (music type) press on right cd control (song selection.) XM1 xm2 give you 2 sets of pre-sets ( 2 'stations' for each button.)
edit- also you can toggle thru radio modes : am, fm,xm1, xm2, etc (left 'toggle switch') and select a pre-set (left scroll wheel) of the steering wheel.

Pontiacnewbie
01-24-2014, 07:33 AM
I have a signal. I just dont' understand how to get all the stations I am suppose to. I hit the different options on the steer wheeel, I get the normal radio, cd , xm1 and a xm2 that have some stations each one. I guess I didnt' think xm could help with this, but maybe they can.

Pontiacnewbie
01-24-2014, 07:34 AM
ok. will try that. thanks

newman27
01-24-2014, 07:58 AM
I have a signal. I just dont' understand how to get all the stations I am suppose to. I hit the different options on the steer wheeel, I get the normal radio, cd , xm1 and a xm2 that have some stations each one. I guess I didnt' think xm could help with this, but maybe they can.

When you hit the SOURCE button (on the steering wheel or on the radio) what you are doing is cycling through the XM, AM, FM preset banks and the CD, AUX inputs, etc. They just cycle around and around as you hit that button. What you need to so is stop at XM1. Then, use the TRACK forward/backward arrows to move through the individual XM stations. When you find one you like, press and hold the leftmost preset button to assign that XM station to that first preset button. Continue this process assigning stations you like to each subsequent preset until all five are assigned on the XM1 bank. Then, hit the SOURCE button to get to the bank of XM2 presets. Repeat this process. You will then have 10 XM stations assigned to the two banks of XM presets (XM1 and XM2). It's really unfortunate that the G8 radio doesn't operate like the one in my Solstice. The Solstice radio allows you to mix and match XM/FM/AM stations on up to five preset banks and doesn't force you to cycle back through the CD and AUX inputs to get to a bank of presets. Instead, a "Favorites" button only cycles through the preset banks.

J Wikoff
01-24-2014, 09:41 AM
You need to have the car powered on and on the XM input while XM sends out an activation signal, preferrably with the car sitting outside. You can call them or go online and request the activation signal.

Pontiacnewbie
01-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I found them . Thanks. Yes I agree it is not a user friendly as a newer vehicle, but it is great to have. My only other vehicle I used it in was a brand new Chevrolet truck.

dru21281
01-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Also make sure category is not selected under settings/XM settings.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk