PDA

View Full Version : Windows tinted today

JetSnake
02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I had my windows tinted today. I have seen the work from this place before, they do very good work as they also did on mine. Not sure if this is allowed, but the place is Auto Visions in Eden Prairie, so it your in the twin cities area in Minnesota, look them up.

I'd post a pic, but don't know how.

SRG963
02-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I had my windows tinted today. I have seen the work from this place before, they do very good work as they also did on mine. Not sure if this is allowed, but the place is Auto Visions in Eden Prairie, so it your in the twin cities area in Minnesota, look them up.

I'd post a pic, but don't know how.

Of course it's allowed!

We all benefit from good info :)

:TTIWWP:

JetSnake
02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Can I post a pic to the forum? If so, how?

G8GT594
02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Can I post a pic to the forum? If so, how?

The best way is to your a hosting site such as photobucket and link it to the post.

Or you can click reply, scoll down a little bit were it says additional options, click on the manage attachments button, then another window pops up. Hit the browse button and locate your picture click it and hit open, then click upload and submit reply.

JetSnake
02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
OK, I got it.

GRRRR8
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Looking good!

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Looks sharp! What %?

JetSnake
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I had to go with 15%, they didn't have 20% for the stuff that I wanted. Dark is good, I just hope I don't get a ticket.

xfactor
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Looks good! Going with 20% on my GXP Saturday, and they will do the front windows in my Tahoe as well.

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Haha, I got 15% too, been lucky so far.

GrandPrix98GT
02-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Looks grrrr8!

GXPaycheck
02-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Did they do a good job on the rear window matrix?

confused2much
02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
I want to get mine done too, but the rear window matrix is what scares me... I guess I would just have to make sure its a reputable place doing the install. I have heard of people getting their rear tinted with no problems, and I have heard of people that said theirs looked like crap.

Top Speed
02-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Looks good. Does the tint cover the third brake light?

JetSnake
02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
The tint does not cover the 3rd brake light. As of now, the tint looks good over the matrix, but the tint is still drying out. If you look really close, you can see a very small amount of white around each matrix. I can handle the way it looks now, but I'm afraid it's only going to get worse as the tint dries out. I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping for the best.

-Ray-
02-23-2009, 02:54 PM
The tint does not cover the 3rd brake light. As of now, the tint looks good over the matrix, but the tint is still drying out. If you look really close, you can see a very small amount of white around each matrix. I can handle the way it looks now, but I'm afraid it's only going to get worse as the tint dries out. I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping for the best.

It usually gets smaller as it dries. Depending on your temps. Mine aren't even visible.

JetSnake
02-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh, I thought the dark around the matrix was the water that is still in there. Ok, I'll wait and see what happens.

xfactor
02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
My guy recommended not tinting the matrix as it will eventually pull away. He has tried numerous techinics including scotchbriting the area and all eventually pulled away. His recommendation was to stop the tint at the first dot and then once it dries coming back in and painting the area with Black paint from the inside. I liked this idea and am going to try it. Windows are tinted and waiting on it to dry. I was really impressed with his work and knowledge. It may be standard practice but he did the entire back window with one piece that he heat formed to the window shape. On my Grand Prix they did it in several pieces but that was 10 years ago.

Top Speed
02-23-2009, 04:49 PM
My tint does not cover the rear brake light either. Does anyone know if this is possible?

My car was tinted by a guy the dealer uses, as window tinting was thrown in when I bought the car.

syP
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
got 15% on mine as well with covering the 3rd brake light.

My guy told me to use the rear defroster a lot in the first week. Maybe you should try it? :dunno:

xfactor
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
There are two pop in fastners about 3" outboard of the brake light assembly that you can pop free by pulling on the outboard sides of the brake light. be careful not to pull too hard and break anything. That said, mine is tinted as well.