PDA

View Full Version : Car Covers

gearhead455
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Anyone using one on a regular basis? if so,what type do you recommend? I'm picking up my Black GT prem./sport,this weekend and since we still have some ice and snow around here,I'd like to cover it until the weather breaks.

gearhead455
02-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Crickets.....lol

I picked one up today but am taking it back,only single layer but 100% waterproof.Problem is,the inside is rough fabric,I think it will scratch the paint.

Hello, is this thing on?

PantherGTBlack
02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Might just try a google search. We had a real nice one for our 7-series. Can't remember the brand, but I think we ordered it out of the AutoSport mag. that gets circulated every now and then to your mailbox.

RobA300
02-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Wolfe products used to make a good one for Corvettes, but that was a few years ago. Do not get one that is 100% waterproof. While it keeps the water from going through the cover on to the car, it also keeps any moisture trapped inside and after a while it will start to bleach the paint. Also, my grandfather had a waterproof one and put it on in the winter after it had rained a little and it froze to the car because the water was trapped.

I think the best ones have what's called Generation 4 fabric or it may be something higher now.

gearhead455
02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I saw this custom made for the G8,I may pull the trigger on it soon.

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/vehicleProducts.php?make=Pontiac&model=G8&year=2009&product=Car-Cover

piecesparts
02-27-2009, 01:31 PM
What I have found so far is the Coulgan company makes a good one. The others seem to be a bit cheap in construction.