PDA

View Full Version : FS: Parking Brake Shoes for rear Brembo's w/Camaro sized rotors

toedrag
11-12-2013, 07:57 PM
For sale are some reasonably priced custom/oversized parking shoes for the G8 when doing the 4-piston rear caliper/Brembo upgrade with Camaro SS sized rotors.

Price is $130 per pair, plus $8 shipping via USPS to continental US. For other locations, PM me or email me at the following address, and we'll sort out shipping costs. Send your paypal payment to g8brakes at gmail dot com. Feel free to ask questions here or through that email address.

Sets currently available: 0 (as of Aug 21, 2014). I have another batch on order, which hopefully should be here in early September

Pictures & FAQ in the next post below.

For installation information, look at Eidolon's thread here: Tips and Tricks for Rear Brembo Brake Installation (http://grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=27805)

If you're looking for the rear caliper bracket, which is the bracket that relocates the 4-piston caliper further away from the hub so that the larger Camaro sized rotor can fit, as of May 18, 2014, there may not be any current suppliers for these brackets. Prior suppliers were Squash Performance, the creators of the bracket, and after Squash stopped making them, Andy with Squash Performance was kind enough to post the CAD design files for the brackets in this thread: http://grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=39027 . Next, Wade Freichs took the reins. Sadly, Wade stopped selling them too. Wade had previously been selling them in the G8 Classifieds on Facebook and here: http://wadefrerichs.wix.com/je-performance#!untitled/c240r. Thankfully, someone picked up the effort after Wade called it quits. The current bracket supplier details are available here: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=39027&page=17&p=576702&viewfull=1#post576702. I have no affiliation with any of these bracket suppliers.

toedrag
11-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Some pictures
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/funship224/Pontiac/Shoe-1B_zps7908acea.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/funship224/Pontiac/Shoe-2_zpsb5e8a83c.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/funship224/Pontiac/IMG_7784_zps0b1e9ae5.jpg

What are these for?
When upgrading the rear brakes on a G8, you have a choice in what rotor to use: either Camaro SS sized rotors or HSV rotors. Camaro SS sized rotors are priced from $50 each (including ones with lifetime warranty) and up. With Camaro SS sized rotors, the inner diameter of the drum where the parking shoe sits is approximately 1/2" larger than the G8, which means the stock G8 parking shoe is too small. The shoe needs a little bit thicker friction material, aka lining, to mate with the Camaro SS sized rotor. The shoes that I'm selling here are properly sized to fit inside the Camaro SS rotor.

HSV rotors are ~$250 each (ouch), are 15mm smaller vs the Camaro SS sized rotors, and their availability can be a challenge. However, the HSV rotors do allow you to use the G8's stock parking shoe because the inner diameter of the HSV rotor drum is the same as the G8 rotor, which means when using HSV rotors, you don't need the oversized shoes I'm selling.

HINT: You can buy a pair of Camaro SS sized rotors with a lifetime warranty, plus these parking shoes, for less than the cost of ONE HSV rotor.

Why am I doing this?
It's less about making money for myself and more about getting a reasonably priced product to market. I feel/felt compelled to show the G8 community that you don't have to spend an arm & leg on the custom parking shoes.

How are these made?
These shoes start out life as an off the shelf Centric/C-Tek part # 110.07840. A specialty brake shop (whose main business is building custom shoes/pads and other parts for vintage cars) removes the original Centrek/C-Tek lining. Next, they attach the slightly thicker non-metallic lining using a high-temp adhesive, clamp it, and bake it in an oven. After that, they shave the sides of the lining to the correct width. Then, they ship them to me. I measure the outer diameter, place the shoe in a spare Camaro SS sized rotor and adjust if necessary to ensure that the shoe rotates properly inside the drum of the rotor. Next, I measure the opening at the bottom of the shoe and adjust if necessary to ensure it is set to the proper gap. Lastly, I'll give them a little high temp black paint if any metal had become exposed during fabrication.

Why are these so inexpensive compared to others?
In this application, since the donor shoe's original lining is removed and replaced, the quality/function of the the original lining doesn't matter; all we need is the steel frame from the donor shoe. You can look up the Centric/C-tek part I'm using on Rock Auto or Amazon, and you can see that it's less than $20 per pair. Normally, I'd question the quality of the lining with such a cheap shoe, but like I said, the original lining of the donor shoe doesn't matter because it's being removed. The remainder of the cost is the replacement lining, the shop's labor, and my labor. The replacement lining the shop is using is a non-metallic compound. (During prototyping, we did try a woven semi-metallic lining, but it was much more expensive, made an unpleasant scraping noise during normal driving from just barely touching the drum, and had no discernible performance improvement over the non-metallic lining we eventually selected). It did take the shop some effort to find a non-metallic lining that is both the correct thickness and that is flexible enough to be contoured around the sharp curve of the G8 shoe. The end result is a reasonably priced custom brake shoe.

Can't I just find a custom brake shop to do this for me?
Absolutely. But, understand that custom brake shops who can reline shoes can be hard to find; it's not like you can go to your favorite race shop or a Midas/Just Brakes to get it done. It's really a niche market for parking systems where pads/shoes simply aren't mass produced anymore, or it's for large industrial vehicles like forklifts, conveyer belts, etc. If you do find a supplier, ask for a "custom or oversize reline of an automotive parking shoe" where the lining needs to be about 3/8" thick. Because the G8 shoe is stamped "Do Not Reline", you'll probably want to buy a new set of shoes. You'll have the shoes shipped to you, then you'll ship them to your supplier, and once completed, your supplier will ship them back to you. All of that creates a fair amount of wasted shipping costs & delay. Buying mine gets you relatively instant gratification without being someone else's guinea pig.

Could I just build these myself?
Sure, if you really wanted to. McMaster-Carr sells brake lining by the foot in various thicknesses. The tricky part is removing the old lining, prepping for the new lining, applying the adhesive/epoxy, and lastly clamping the lining to the frame while the adhesive cures. Google "DIY Brake Pads" and follow your nose. This being said, I'm a die-hard DIYer, and I wouldn't do it this way.

Do I use these on my car?
Yes. I originally had the woven semi-metallic prototypes, but when I tried the non-metallic ones from this first batch, I liked them much more and stuck with them.

Is it safe to buy from me?
Yes, it's safe. Here is a link to my iTrader page (http://www.grrrr8.net/itrader.php?u=8097) which has feedback from buyers of these shoes. I'll only accept your money if I have parking shoes to ship to you, and I'll generally ship the same day or the following day. I've sold plenty of items on other forums without issue. The last high-ish volume item I sold was a few years ago on another car forum where I put together a calendar of members' cars, and everyone was quite happy with that experience both years I did it. I'm happy to provide the links to that if anyone wants to see it.

Disclaimer of liability
Use at your own risk. Buyers agree that I, Centric/C-tek, and/or the brake shop, shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages resulting from the use or installation of these parking shoes.

Is there a warranty?
These are offered AS-IS. There is no warranty expressed or implied.

I'm happy to answer other questions.

mgm6.0l
11-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Oh man these are awesome!
I may pull the trigger on these, just gotta think about if I really need or not.

I give you props for doing this for the G8 community.

G8Holland
11-13-2013, 04:35 AM
Perfect timing, these will go great with the other winter upgrades.

I'll take a set please, funds on the way.

roadie709
11-13-2013, 05:45 AM
are you having these made in the DFW area? I'm interested in a set doing my 2nd brembo install on my SRM.

toedrag
11-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Perfect timing, these will go great with the other winter upgrades.

I'll take a set please, funds on the way.

Thank you! Shipped them just now.

toedrag
11-13-2013, 07:54 AM
are you having these made in the DFW area? I'm interested in a set doing my 2nd brembo install on my SRM.

Unfortunately, no. I was never able to find a local shop who could do it or who was willing to do it.

cynic783
11-13-2013, 10:47 AM
PM Sent

roadie709
11-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Unfortunately, no. I was never able to find a local shop who could do it or who was willing to do it.

I had 2 sets made in dallas I was not impressed with there quality or price. They ended up charging me $65 a shoe to line them and I furnised the new cores. So this is a great deal for everyone.

G8V8
11-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Damn. I paid $310 last week. I guess timing is everything.

G8Holland
11-16-2013, 02:42 PM
The shoes showed up yesterday and they are a good solid piece. Can't even tell they started out with a different material on them, the shop did a great job adhering the new pads on.

roadie709
11-16-2013, 05:24 PM
just sent payment for one set at this price I will have a spare set. I'm doing the brembo installon my SRM thanksgiving weekend. That will use up the other set I had made Thanks for having these made up.
Tom

toedrag
11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
The shoes showed up yesterday and they are a good solid piece. Can't even tell they started out with a different material on them, the shop did a great job adhering the new pads on.

Excellent! Thx for the feedback!

mtocrs1
11-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Do you still have a set left?

toedrag
11-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Do you still have a set left?
Yeppers. After roadie709's, I have 3 pairs on hand (and waiting on 3 more pairs from the supplier).

-Ray-
11-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Brit,
I'm going to want a set, however, I'm not even close to being ready to order yet.

roadie709
11-18-2013, 04:28 AM
What a great forum member delivered my shoes to me yesterday. The shoes look like factory shoes top notch quality!!!!!
Thank You

toedrag
11-18-2013, 06:26 AM
What a great forum member delivered my shoes to me yesterday. The shoes look like factory shoes top notch quality!!!!!
Thank You

Thank you! Good to meet you and your shop.

Aussie Dors
11-20-2013, 04:46 PM
I will be getting a pair. Please set aside 1 set for me. Payment is on the way.

Aussie Dors
11-20-2013, 04:50 PM
A question I have, which may have already been answered somewhere else:

Do we send you our old brake shoes once we receive yours?

mtocrs1
11-20-2013, 05:06 PM
PM sent

toedrag
11-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Ack'd.

A question I have, which may have already been answered somewhere else:

Do we send you our old brake shoes once we receive yours?

No, I'd recommend keeping them in case you ever choose to go back to stock. Besides that, the stock shoes have 'Do Not Reline' stamped on them, and I don't want to spend the time/effort to figure out if that's due to a metallurgical limitation or if it's just a marketing strategy to get you to buy new shoes instead (I suspect the former).

Aussie Dors
11-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok; another question as those that are visiting this thread have either completed or about to complete the upgrade:

Where is everyone sourcing their Camaro SS rotors from to go with these break shoes?

roadie709
11-21-2013, 04:27 AM
brakeperformance.com 2010 ctsv dimpled and slotted rotors frt & back around $450 shipped I have bought 2 sets. one set allready installed work great other set will be installed over thanksgiving weekend.

Aussie Dors
11-21-2013, 06:00 AM
brakeperformance.com 2010 ctsv dimpled and slotted rotors frt & back around $450 shipped I have bought 2 sets. one set allready installed work great other set will be installed over thanksgiving weekend.

Thank you. Looks good.

And what brake pads did you go with? So many varied opinions out there. Mine is a daily driver and I have been satisfied with the OEM GT brake pads. Replacing everything after 63,000 miles.

G8V8
11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
I am using ProStop ceramic pads from PepBoys in my rear Brembos and really like them. They stop really well, are totally quiet and very low dust. On top of that, they are less than $50 for all 4 pads.

toedrag
11-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Shipped this afternoon

Aussie Dors
11-21-2013, 04:03 PM
I am using ProStop ceramic pads from PepBoys in my rear Brembos and really like them. They stop really well, are totally quiet and very low dust. On top of that, they are less than $50 for all 4 pads.

Thank you. I'll check them out.

roadie709
11-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Thank you. Looks good.

And what brake pads did you go with? So many varied opinions out there. Mine is a daily driver and I have been satisfied with the OEM GT brake pads. Replacing everything after 63,000 miles.

I'm using centric pads I got loaded centric calipers from my parts house. So far they seem to be great no dusting no noise stop great.

Aussie Dors
11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Package received. Thank you.
Just have to choose rotors and pads and I'm away!

Joe@Grrrr8Stuff.com
11-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Interested. How to pay?

Aussie Dors
11-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Interested. How to pay?

See the first post. Paypal.

Dasteufelhund
11-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi,

Thank you for this post. I do have several questions and I hope to find some clarification before I dive into this project.

1.Which year(s) Camaro SS rear parts do this upgrade require?
2.Holden Commodore VE has brembo that is a bolt on, what is the advantage of using the Camaro SS vs. VE rear Brembo?
3. I googled the part number, and it came up to be the same for Mazada (http://www.autobrakecenter.com/rear-new-ctek-parking-brake-shoes-mazda-11007840-p-6393.html), is this correct?

Thanks so much for the help!
PL

toedrag
11-26-2013, 07:22 PM
1.Which year(s) Camaro SS rear parts do this upgrade require?

2010 or later

2.Holden Commodore VE has brembo that is a bolt on, what is the advantage of using the Camaro SS vs. VE rear Brembo?

Camaro sized rotors are slightly larger in diameter (365mm vs HSV rotors at 350mm). Bigger = more surface area for better cooling and better stopping power. I'm not sure if there is a weight difference between the two; I assume the Camaro sized rotors are slightly heavier. In the US, cost is a big factor; Camaro sized rotors can cost around $50 each vs the HSV rotors which are $250 ea.

3. I googled the part number, and it came up to be the same for Mazada (http://www.autobrakecenter.com/rear-new-ctek-parking-brake-shoes-mazda-11007840-p-6393.html), is this correct?

To be clear, Centric 110.07840 is equivalent to a stock G8 brake shoe. It may be used on many other cars besides the G8; Mazda could certainly be one of them. The only reason you would buy 110.07840 is if you were going to send them to a supplier of your own choosing to have them relined. If that's what you're doing, then yes, that's a suitable part to start with. However, if you're buying shoes from me, there is no reason to buy 110.07840.

Dasteufelhund
11-26-2013, 08:34 PM
To toedrag,

Sounds great! Send me the how's on buying these shoes, I'm gonna be buying a couple. I've been waiting Squash to get this done forever I'm glad there is finally an alternative.

I almost forgot to ask, if we're putting the Camaro rotors, why not just use the unit from the Camaro? What needs to be done for the Camaro parking shoe in order to fit onto the G8/GXPS?

I'm not sure if it matters, but I ride in a GXP. The conversion should be the same as G8,no?

Thank you!
PL

toedrag
11-27-2013, 03:53 AM
To toedrag,

Sounds great! Send me the how's on buying these shoes, I'm gonna be buying a couple. I've been waiting Squash to get this done forever I'm glad there is finally an alternative.

I almost forgot to ask, if we're putting the Camaro rotors, why not just use the unit from the Camaro? What needs to be done for the Camaro parking shoe in order to fit onto the G8/GXPS?

I'm not sure if it matters, but I ride in a GXP. The conversion should be the same as G8,no?

Thank you!
PL

PM sent

The Camaro SS shoe is a much different design. It's a more traditional two-piece shoe vs the one-piece horseshoe shape of the G8 shoe, which also means the hub/knuckle & actuator are also quite different. It would be a challenge to make it work.

Camaro SS shoe (1 pair per wheel):

Install is the same on all G8 flavors.

toedrag
11-29-2013, 02:46 PM
The first 6 are now sold & shipped. I'll have 3 more pairs ready hopefully by Monday (but one is reserved for mtocrs1). I'll also be placing an order for 10 more pairs, which will probably take a couple weeks.

DG NEMESIS
12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
let me know when you have more in stock please, I'm def looking to pick up a set

toedrag
12-04-2013, 03:17 PM
let me know when you have more in stock please, I'm def looking to pick up a set

Sure thing. Just keep an eye on this thread, and I'll update it when more are ready.

shaker954
12-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Sub .. I want ...ill email again at the end of the month .. to see if u got any in stock

mtocrs1
12-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I got my shoes today and they look great!
Thanks for taking the time to get these made and offer them at reasonable price.

shaker954
12-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Any idea how close u are to getting them in and ready for order

toedrag
12-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Any idea how close u are to getting them in and ready for order

The supplier should ship the next batch of 10 pairs to me Mon/Tues this week, which likely means I should have them ready for sale early next week.

skinsfangreg
12-23-2013, 05:24 AM
The supplier should ship the next batch of 10 pairs to me Mon/Tues this week, which likely means I should have them ready for sale early next week.

I'll take a set. Let me know when your ready for payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

GTO MAN 311
12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
I will also take a set...paypal ready...thank you.

smso966
12-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Put me down for a set when you have some in stock.

THE Adam V
12-23-2013, 05:27 PM
4th on that bandwagon please :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

matthewo
12-25-2013, 04:37 PM
5th please?

fengstang
12-25-2013, 06:12 PM
6th por favor

DG NEMESIS
12-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Dibs on the 7th set paypal ready to go

toedrag
12-27-2013, 03:21 AM
Quick update that the supplier shipped all 10 yesterday, so it'll be mid/late next week before I'll have them ready to go.

tgs30
12-27-2013, 04:46 AM
Put me on the list also. PayPal ready.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Svendingo
12-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Sign me up. Money ready and waiting.

Sent from my HTC M7 using Tapatalk 4

Blown396
12-28-2013, 10:04 PM
I would like to be put in line for a set of your shoes.

Thanks,

EB

Joseslam10
01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I been lurking around your forum for a while now and decided to join :first:(post), I just got 05 cts v front and rear brembo calipers and 2010 canaro SS rotors , know the front bolt ons (from reading here) but I want to make sure 100%. the rear need a brackets and theses e brake shoe to work ?

toedrag
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I been lurking around your forum for a while now and decided to join :first:(post), I just got 05 cts v front and rear brembo calipers and 2010 canaro SS rotors , know the front bolt ons (from reading here) but I want to make sure 100%. the rear need a brackets and theses e brake shoe to work ?

Welcome!

Yes, for SS sized rear rotors, the relocation bracket is required - b/c without it, the rear calipers will not physically fit over the SS sized rotors.

The shoes I'm selling here will let you have a functioning parking brake with the SS sized rear rotors. Some people do choose to not have a functioning parking brake. In this sense, you could consider the parking shoes I'm selling here 'optional' vs the bracket being 'required'.

Joseslam10
01-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Ok cool can u add me on the list for a pair of the park brake shoes and can someone help me with a link or a place I can get the bracket that I need to adapt the rear caliper

toedrag
01-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Shoes are ready to ship. Users listed below, Paypal at your leisure to the address in the first post, and please include your GRRRR8 userID w/your paypal payment. Here is how things look today:

Current batch
skinsfangreg, paid & shipped
GTO MAN 311, paid & shipped
smso966, paid & shipped
THE Adam V, paid & shipped
matthewo, paid & shipped
fengstang (removed from list due to no response)
<email order>, paid & shipped
DG NEMESIS, paid & shipped
tgs30, paid & shipped
Svendingo, paid & shipped

Blown396
01-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Shoes are ready to ship. Users listed below, Paypal at your leisure to the address in the first post, and please include your GRRRR8 userID w/your paypal payment. Here is how things look today:

Current batch
skinsfangreg
GTO MAN 311
smso966
THE Adam V
matthewo
fengstang
<email order>
DG NEMESIS
tgs30
Svendingo

For those of you in the next round, please don't send money yet. I've already ordered more shoes from the supplier. They may send a few within a week or so.
Next round:
Blown396
Joseslam10

10-4! Thanks for the update :)

THE Adam V
01-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks! I'll send payment tomorrow once I'm home!

Joseslam10
01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Ok thanks hope u get the next batch soon I'm putting my frot this weekend can't wait :) the rear will just have to wait a bit

matthewo
01-03-2014, 07:47 AM
thanks payment sent.

cannot wait, I have been running without one for almost a year now. it will be nice to stop making the car sit on the trans.

toedrag
01-03-2014, 07:58 AM
thanks payment sent.

cannot wait, I have been running without one for almost a year now. it will be nice to stop making the car sit on the trans.

See it. Will ship today. Thx!

skinsfangreg
01-03-2014, 08:00 AM
See it. Will ship today. Thx!

Should I make payment now? Never received payment info.

toedrag
01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Should I make payment now? Never received payment info.

Sure, see first post. The payment address was easy to miss, so I changed it to a blue font earlier today.

skinsfangreg
01-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Sure, see first post. The payment address was easy to miss, so I changed it to a blue font earlier today.

Payment sent.
Payment address was indeed hard to see. Is the 'currently 0 in stock' correct? I'm not in a huge rush but was mostly curious.

GTO MAN 311
01-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Payment sent...thank you and let me know if you need anything else!

toedrag
01-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Payment sent.
Payment address was indeed hard to see. Is the 'currently 0 in stock' correct? I'm not in a huge rush but was mostly curious.

Zero available in the sense that the 10 I have ready to ship are reserved/spoken for. Yours will ship today since you were part of the 10 ppl who called dibs.

Silver Bullet
01-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I guess I need to start checking in on the forum more often. That is a way better price than the others sold on the board. Somebody was making some money off of those.

tgs30
01-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Sent my payment today. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

toedrag
01-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Payment sent...thank you and let me know if you need anything else!

Got it. Shipped it.

Sent my payment today. Thanks

Got it. Shipping tomorrow.

DG NEMESIS
01-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Payment sent! Thanks again

smso966
01-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Payment Sent!

toedrag
01-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Shipped: GTO MAN 311, tgs30, DG NEMESIS, smso966

THE Adam V
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Payment sent! Sorry for the delay

toedrag
01-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Shipped: THE Adam V, Svendingo

fengstang, do you still want a set?

freeflytex
01-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi toedrag, I am interested in a set of your shoes. Please let me know what I need to do, thanks so much!

toedrag
01-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Hi toedrag, I am interested in a set of your shoes. Please let me know what I need to do, thanks so much!

Terrific! Just keep an eye on this thread. I'm waiting on the next round from the supplier. Once they are ready, I'll update the thread and then people can send payment.

matthewo
01-07-2014, 04:35 PM
got mine yesterday, they look nice. now if it will just get warm enough to go outside and install them.

me wishing I had a garage

shaker954
01-16-2014, 05:39 PM
When u suppose to get more

THE Adam V
01-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Got mine a while ago. They look perfect. Honestly a steal. Comparable e brake shoes are twice the price or more.

toedrag
01-17-2014, 04:36 AM
When u suppose to get more

I expected to have them by now. I'll call the supplier today and will report back after that.

shaker954
01-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Cool thanks

toedrag
01-17-2014, 03:04 PM
For the next batch of 10, I should have a few sets late next week and a the remainder should be the following week.

donkeyGT
01-17-2014, 04:03 PM
You have a PM toe.

SpeedRacerX
01-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Please add me to your list.

sly
01-17-2014, 09:38 PM
i would like to get a set as well please

jrm23354
01-19-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm down for one of these too!

BigV8
01-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Please add me also to the list. Thanks for doing this!

toedrag
01-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Happy to report that I have 8 sets ready to ship (I should have 3 more sets next week, and I'll order more). Paypal to address in first post. Pls include your Grrrr8 User ID with your paypal payment.

Joseslam10
01-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Payment sent

shudogg
01-26-2014, 07:45 AM
payment sent, thanks again for all your hard work on this.

donkeyGT
01-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Funds sent and thanks.

toedrag
01-27-2014, 02:01 PM
All paid orders have shipped.

cbrock
01-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Hi I'm interested in a set of these for a CTS V (04-07) swap. Where are you guys getting the brackets to get the caliper to the right height?

toedrag
01-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi I'm interested in a set of these for a CTS V (04-07) swap. Where are you guys getting the brackets to get the caliper to the right height?

Check G8 Classifieds on Facebook or here: http://wadefrerichs.wix.com/je-performance#!untitled/c240r (same guy is selling them in both places)

BigV8
01-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Payment sent.

toedrag
01-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Payment sent.
Shipped

cbrock
01-29-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the tip on the brackets. I see you have 0 sets available. Pay now or when then come in?

shudogg
01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Package received, looks great, thanks again

toedrag
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the tip on the brackets. I see you have 0 sets available. Pay now or when then come in?

There are 3 more sets on the way to me, which means I should have them ready to ship by this Monday, and I don't think they have been claimed/reserved yet. Pls don't send payment until I have them ready ship.

I've also ordered another 10 sets, and those will take probably a couple of weeks to come in.

JAM
01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
There are 3 more sets on the way to me, which means I should have them ready to ship by this Monday, and I don't think they have been claimed/reserved yet. Pls don't send payment until I have them ready ship.

Please add me to the list, and let me know when to send payment.

JAM

toedrag
01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Please add me to the list, and let me know when to send payment.

JAM

Done. Will do.
---
Updated lists:

Current Batch (7 out of 10, add'l 3 below):
Joseslam10, Paid, Shipped
shudogg, Paid, Shipped
email order 1, Paid, Shipped
email order 2, Paid, Shipped
donkeyGT, Paid, Shipped
sly, Paid, Shipped
BigV8, Paid, Shipped
JAM, Paid, Shipped
-------------

sly
01-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Payment sent

Rylos
01-30-2014, 03:36 AM
Got mine yesterday. I was one of the email orders.

Thanks!

donkeyGT
01-30-2014, 06:51 AM
Also got mine yesterday. Nice pieces and thanks again for doing this.

toedrag
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Payment sent

Shipped

BigV8
02-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Got them a couple days ago. Thanks!

toedrag
02-04-2014, 03:41 PM
I've got 3 sets ready to ship to whoever wants 'em. And I have 10 more sets on the way still.

Current batch of 3
TooManyHobbies, Paid, Shipped
bpoirier, Paid, Shipped
1 more available
-------------
Future batch of 10 (target availability mid/late Feb):

TooManyHobbies
02-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Just sent funds for a set. Going to do this someday, so getting the parts while available. I'll take one of the 3.

toedrag
02-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Just sent funds for a set.

See it. Will ship first thing tomorrow.

bpoirier
02-04-2014, 08:39 PM
If you have a set left I'm in. Just let me know so I can send payment.

Thanks

toedrag
02-04-2014, 08:45 PM
If you have a set left I'm in. Just let me know so I can send payment.

Thanks

Yes, have 2 sets available. Paypal address in first post.

bpoirier
02-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Payment sent you for a set.

toedrag
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Payment sent you for a set.

See it. Will ship tomorrow.

--

1 more set available. The next set of 10 should be ready in mid/late Feb.

toedrag
02-13-2014, 03:23 AM
Last set has been sold, but I should have 10 more ready to ship by this Monday. Will update the thread then.

toedrag
02-16-2014, 06:12 PM
More shoes are ready to ship. 4 sets are reserved for the names below. 3 more sets are unclaimed and available to whoever wants them. Payment details in first post.

fengstang (canceled due to no response)
email order 3, paid, shipped
Blown396, paid, shipped
jrm23354, paid, shipped

cobralucci
02-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Payment sent!!!!

toedrag
02-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Payment sent!!!!

Thx! Shipping today

Blackened2k
02-18-2014, 09:01 AM
I'll take a pair. Money sent via paypal.

toedrag
02-18-2014, 09:27 AM
I'll take a pair. Money sent via paypal.

Got it! Thx. Dropping it off at the Post Office within the hour.

Blown396
02-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Payment will be sent on Wednesday.

Thanks

Eric

Hurricane
02-26-2014, 07:32 PM
I'll take a set if there's any left.

Blown396
02-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Shoes received! Thanks for the prompt shipping :)

Eric

toedrag
02-26-2014, 07:57 PM
I'll take a set if there's any left.
Yes, I still have a few left. Paypal info in first post.

Hurricane
02-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Awesome, just sent payment.

toedrag
02-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Awesome, just sent payment.
Shipped

joemomma
03-07-2014, 08:52 AM
You have any shoes left?

toedrag
03-07-2014, 09:03 AM
You have any shoes left?
Yeppers. I have 3 left right now.

toedrag
03-26-2014, 06:00 PM
1 set left, but it looks like it'll be sold soon.

I've got more on the way. It'll take a couple of weeks to get them in.

09G8GT
03-31-2014, 08:43 AM
Please mark me down for one of the sets when you get them in. Thanks!

Cooper
04-10-2014, 08:53 AM
1 set left, but it looks like it'll be sold soon.

I've got more on the way. It'll take a couple of weeks to get them in.

Do you have any shoes available?

toedrag
04-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Do you have any shoes available?

My order of 7 sets should be on its way to me, so I'll probably have them ready sometime next week. Thx for asking.

toedrag
04-15-2014, 08:17 AM
I've got 3 sets ready to ship. Paypal address in first post.

Adpg8
04-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Pm sent

Adpg8
04-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Never mind the questions paypal sent

toedrag
04-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Never mind the questions paypal sent

Shipped

donkeyGT
04-16-2014, 06:01 AM
It's cool your still doing this for other members..very nice pieces for the cost.

Omega
04-17-2014, 06:05 AM
I would like a backup set. Not into the pricing from the other site.

toedrag
04-17-2014, 06:56 AM
I would like a backup set. Not into the pricing from the other site.

I've got 1 set remaining from this batch, and I'm ordering more, which should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

toedrag
04-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Last set sold. More are on the way. I'll update the post when they're ready to ship.

toedrag
05-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Taking a bit longer than expected b/c the shop ran out of brake lining material and had to order more. They received their lining today and should be able to finish up the order and ship it to me tomorrow or Friday. Assuming I receive them middle of next week, I should have them ready around Fri/Sat (May 16/17). Will update the thread again when they are ready. Thx for your patience.

MoonPie
05-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Taking a bit longer than expected b/c the shop ran out of brake lining material and had to order more. They received their lining today and should be able to finish up the order and ship it to me tomorrow or Friday. Assuming I receive them middle of next week, I should have them ready around Fri/Sat (May 16/17). Will update the thread again when they are ready. Thx for your patience.

Count me in for a set. I've the rear Brembos installed just need the shoes so my e-brake works.

toedrag
05-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I've got 5 sets ready to ship, and 4 more sets should be ready in the next day or so. Paypal info in first post.

JonRobbinSS
05-17-2014, 07:43 PM
PayPal sent...

Thanks.

JonRobbinSS
05-18-2014, 02:23 PM
If you're looking for the caliper bracket, which is the bracket that relocates the 4-piston caliper further away from the hub so that the larger Camaro sized rotor can fit, check G8 Classifieds on Facebook or go here: http://wadefrerichs.wix.com/je-performance#!untitled/c240r (the same guy is selling them in both places. I have no affiliation with him or the sale; I'm just listing it here because I think it's helpful)

Looks like Wade is out of the business now. I sent him an email last night and he replied that he was done...
Does anyone else have a line on a set of brackets? Otherwise it looks like I am taking the files that Andy posted up to a local machine shop..

Biggdaddy1962
05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Paypal Payment sent. Thanks.....

toedrag
05-18-2014, 05:35 PM
PayPal sent...

Thanks.

Shipped. Thx!

Looks like Wade is out of the business now. I sent him an email last night and he replied that he was done...
Does anyone else have a line on a set of brackets? Otherwise it looks like I am taking the files that Andy posted up to a local machine shop..

Bummer, that didn't last long. Did he mention why? Good on you to fill the void.

toedrag
05-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Paypal Payment sent. Thanks.....

See it. Will ship first thing Monday. Thx!

qtrmlking
05-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Mark me down for a set please. I will be sending payment shortly. Made my day when I found this forum!

MoonPie
05-19-2014, 11:15 AM
I'll have these today, install tomorrow morning and no more wheel chocks.

Chucked the chocks for a parking brake now. Thanks toedrag

toedrag
05-20-2014, 03:25 AM
Mark me down for a set please. I will be sending payment shortly. Made my day when I found this forum!

Shipped. Thx!

toedrag
05-21-2014, 03:09 AM
6 sets available

MoonPie
05-21-2014, 02:58 PM
I must say my car came with directions stating: buyer assembly required, items seen in the picture not necessarily part of the purchase and required parts available for purchase. Those goddamn chuck wagon rear brakes are finally gone. I can't thank Greg, squash and toedrag enough for having these parts available to purchase. The GT should have come with proper brakes as well. I love the car, but some of it is a holy great bucket of bullshit.

MoonPie
05-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Ok thanks for brakes everyone but I just realized the SS doesn't even have rear performance brakes. I'm still scratching my balls over that one .

qtrmlking
05-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Shipped. Thx!
Received today. They look great. Thank you very much!

Biggdaddy1962
05-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Showed up yesterday. They look great. Thanks.......

Cooper
07-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Any sets available?

toedrag
07-08-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm holding the last 2 sets for someone. Will update the thread if they become available.

I've ordered another batch of 10, which should be here in 2-3 weeks.

needsmospeed
07-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I've ordered another batch of 10, which should be here in 2-3 weeks.

Glad to hear, I'll hopefully be buying a set from the next batch.

Subscribed.

mr b
07-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Pm sent please send invoice when they are available. Thank you for doing this.

MCG8
07-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Put me down for a pair!

MAC the KNIFE
07-12-2014, 07:02 PM
sub'd... i'm ready to buy.

bills08g8
07-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Put me down for a set

disco monkey
07-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I'd like a set as well.

s/c'd cav
07-20-2014, 12:11 AM
sub'd to known the next batch are in

toedrag
07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
I talked to the supplier today, and he should be able to ship my order towards the end of the week, which means I should have them ready to go sometime next week.

s/c'd cav
07-28-2014, 02:20 PM
sweet just picked up my brackets yesterday

mr b
07-28-2014, 06:01 PM
I talked to the supplier today, and he should be able to ship my order towards the end of the week, which means I should have them ready to go sometime next week.

Got it brother u still have my pm with email address. Just ordered my brackets!

05gofast
08-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Put me down for a set as well.

09G8GTPanther
08-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Are all the sets accounted for on the next order coming in or can I go ahead and pick one up?

toedrag
08-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Are all the sets accounted for on the next order coming in or can I go ahead and pick one up?

I'm not really doing the waiting list thing anymore; it's just first come, first served once they are ready to ship, which I'm still hoping will be late next week. But yeah, it feels like most of this next batch will be gone pretty quickly. I'll go ahead and order another batch.

09G8GTPanther
08-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! If you think you will have a few that aren't accounted for please let me know. I will send you some money and get these shoes headed my way!

toedrag
08-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Sorry to say that it'll be another couple of weeks, guys....The shop still hasn't received the lining material from their supplier, plus I'll be out of town next week. If the shop receives the lining soon, there is a chance I could have them ready during the weekend of Aug 16/17.

Sorry for the delay & inconvenience.

s/c'd cav
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
no hurry here

mr b
08-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Take non-refundable deposits from people so anybody who says they will pay has some tie to the order.

BronxxBombers213
08-07-2014, 06:32 PM
im in!

08-09-2014, 12:34 PM
I'll be in for a set soon as well.

09G8GTPanther
08-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Sorry to say that it'll be another couple of weeks, guys....The shop still hasn't received the lining material from their supplier, plus I'll be out of town next week. If the shop receives the lining soon, there is a chance I could have them ready during the weekend of Aug 16/17.

Sorry for the delay & inconvenience.

Does this mean its still possible to add to your order? I will pay you right now if I am guaranteed a pair out of this next batch. I am in no hurry to get them but I do not want to miss out on these!

BronxxBombers213
08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Does this mean its still possible to add to your order? I will pay you right now if I am guaranteed a pair out of this next batch. I am in no hurry to get them but I do not want to miss out on these!

Spoke to him the other day... Not accepting payments or doing a wait list... Will be first come first served when the new batch comes in

TheGreatLouisianaRoadkill
08-16-2014, 04:38 AM
I definitely want a set when the new batch arrives.

toedrag
08-20-2014, 04:14 PM
7 sets are ready to ship. Paypal info in first post. If you miss out on this batch, I have another batch of 10 sets on order.

mr b
08-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Paypal sent!

BronxxBombers213
08-20-2014, 04:21 PM
payment sent!!!

toedrag
08-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Paypal sent!

Got it.

payment sent!!!

Got it.

--

5 sets remaining

disco monkey
08-20-2014, 05:08 PM
payment sent

toedrag
08-20-2014, 05:21 PM
payment sent
Got it
---
4 sets remaining

08-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Payment Sent

toedrag
08-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Payment Sent
Got it
-----
3 sets remaining

mr b
08-21-2014, 03:30 AM
Got it
-----
3 sets remaining

Maybe you should order more at a time looks like there is a demand.:first:

toedrag
08-21-2014, 03:43 AM
Maybe you should order more at a time looks like there is a demand.:first:

I've considered it. It's hard to gauge the demand because it definitely comes in waves. I think this current one was caused by people not knowing the status of the brackets, which makes sense b/c why would you buy shoes if you couldn't get brackets. And now that the bracket situation has likely stabilized through the other seller, people want shoes again. On the other hand, I had also thought, maybe incorrectly, that during the summer, people would be modding cars less.

In general though, 10 sets is a comfortable qty for me & the supplier to manage at a time, but if it makes sense to have more inventory on a regular basis, then I may try it once this wave has ended.

toedrag
08-21-2014, 03:48 AM
2 Sets remaining

Urizen1
08-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Just sent payment

Domin8r
08-21-2014, 11:56 AM
sent payment.

toedrag
08-21-2014, 12:01 PM
All sets sold. The next batch should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks.

BronxxBombers213
08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
All sets sold. The next batch should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks.

wow didnt even last a day !

08-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I've considered it. It's hard to gauge the demand because it definitely comes in waves. I think this current one was caused by people not knowing the status of the brackets, which makes sense b/c why would you buy shoes if you couldn't get brackets. And now that the bracket situation has likely stabilized through the other seller, people want shoes again. On the other hand, I had also thought, maybe incorrectly, that during the summer, people would be modding cars less.

In general though, 10 sets is a comfortable qty for me & the supplier to manage at a time, but if it makes sense to have more inventory on a regular basis, then I may try it once this wave has ended.

Who is selling the brackets now?

s/c'd cav
08-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Who is selling the brackets now?

post 166 , friend of mine fixed a few things and is making them - http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=39027&page=17&p=576702&viewfull=1#post576702

08-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks! Just sent him an email.

BronxxBombers213
08-23-2014, 05:03 PM
got it today… Thank you !

disco monkey
08-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Got mine today as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08-24-2014, 06:51 AM
I got mine yesterday. I'm very impressed with them! Good quality work. Well worth the money.

toedrag
09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Please see this thread:
New rear direct fit Brembo rotor from the 2015 SS (http://grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=41344)

It appears that GM will soon offer rear rotors for the 2015 SS which, in theory, should be compatible with the G8 hub/knuckle and stock brake shoe. Pricing & availability of the SS rotor are TBD (refer to previously mentioned thread), but will likely be between $130 to $200 per rotor.

Obviously, this changes what I'm doing here. I've currently told the supplier to stop building any more custom shoes until I understand what the demand for them is. FYI, to make another batch, the supplier will have to order more lining material, so I'd guesstimate another 2-4 weeks before they are ready.

Two important questions:
1. Given the above info, does anyone still want these custom shoes?
2. If you do still want them, are you willing to pre-pay and wait 2-4 weeks? I really don't want to end up stuck with a bunch of paperweights that look like a brake shoe.

s/c'd cav
09-08-2014, 09:24 AM
im sure some people will still want the larger rotor , me being one of them

Cooper
09-08-2014, 01:51 PM
I'll order a set, I like my big brakes.

09-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Even though I already ordered a set, I would like to add that the shoes being offered are great quality and anyone doing this conversion should really think about going this route. Not only is it an easy fix to the Camaro SS rotor issue, but your car will look a hell of a lot better with the bigger rear rotors. Just my 2 cents.

TL;DR go big or go home!

firefighter
09-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I have a set of shoes for later install that I got from TD. They look like good stuff and I'm sure the Camaro rotors are going to be cheaper than the SS rotors. It's a no brainer to me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mr b
09-10-2014, 12:19 AM
IF the SS rotors are smaller and 300 To 400 for the pair, why would anyone want them?

Greg@PacePerformance
09-10-2014, 06:29 AM
IF the SS rotors are smaller and 300 To 400 for the pair, why would anyone want them?

The Camaro SS rear rotors are
SS: 14.4 / 365

The Chevy SS rear rotors are
rear: 14.2 . x 1.1 / 360

So 5mm smaller.
They will be about $140.00 ea brand new. The Camaro rotors are $100.00 ea new

I would rather save $100.00 on not needing the brackets and another $200.00 on not needing the custom parking brake shoes.

09G8GTPanther
09-23-2014, 07:52 PM
So any aftermarket rotor for the Chevy SS will fit as well I assume?

toedrag
09-24-2014, 05:45 AM
For those that still want shoes, I'll be placing another order by this Friday. But, you'll need to pre-pay this time. I expect the wait to be in the 3-4 week range since the supplier needs to order more lining material. Payment details in first post, and please pay before Friday 9/26.

brisson2
12-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Are you still getting these made? Looking to upgrade to the CTS-v brakes front and rear and want to keep the parking brake

toedrag
12-16-2014, 10:46 AM
I can, but did you see the other thread about the potential to use the 2015 Chevy SS rear brakes on a G8? Most people are waiting to see how that shakes out. If you still want my modified ones, let me know, and I'll check with the supplier on the lead time.

brisson2
12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I just saw the thread, my only problem is I already have CTS-V rotors from Racing Brake and would really like to use them. If you could check on the lead time that would be great. I won't be ready to order until around the 1st of the year though

toedrag
12-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I just saw the thread, my only problem is I already have CTS-V rotors from Racing Brake and would really like to use them. If you could check on the lead time that would be great. I won't be ready to order until around the 1st of the year though

Ok, supplier said he can do it. Lead time should be in the 2-3 week range.

brisson2
12-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Ok cool, do I need to pre-pay for these? I should be able to paypal either this coming weekend or next if that is ok

toedrag
12-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Ok cool, do I need to pre-pay for these? I should be able to paypal either this coming weekend or next if that is ok
Yes, please pre-pay. Anytime is fine. I'll place the order with the supplier as soon as I receive payment.

brisson2
12-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Just sent my payment for a set

toedrag
12-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Just sent my payment for a set

Got it! I'll place the order when the supplier opens in the morning.

lku087302
01-03-2015, 02:26 PM
I would like to place an order also please pm me

lku087302
01-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Sorry for the duplicate post

toedrag
01-04-2015, 04:15 AM
I would like to place an order also please pm me
PM Sent

09G8
03-21-2016, 09:07 AM
i know it's a year later but do you still have these shoes? Thanks

toedrag
03-21-2016, 09:13 AM
I don't, sorry.

Greg@PacePerformance
03-21-2016, 09:42 AM
I have a used set I will offer up.
I also have a set of adapter brackets to go with them.
-Greg

djerickd
01-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Can't folks just use the 2015+ Chevy SS brake shoes now?

JonRobbinSS
01-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Can't folks just use the 2015+ Chevy SS brake shoes now?

G8 parking brake shoes = Chevy SS parking brake shoes

You only need these if you are using the Camaro rear rotors...

BuildItYourSelf
01-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Yup. No need for brackets or pad trimming.
Last I seen aftermarket like Napa have them available.
I didn't check dba or anything yet tho.