PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow Axle Backs Installed

Gearhead
02-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I installed them a few minutes ago. It literally took me 15 minutes. A very easy installation. I haven't driven it yet, but it improves the low rumble at idle. It doesn't sound much different while throttling it. Overall, I think it's a decent mod. But, now I want headers an x-pipe and hi flow cats...

Jim

PantherGTBlack
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I hear ya there, I fabbed up a set for my car before many of the axle-back systems came out with a set of Magnaflow street series muffs. You're going to have a little bit of drone cruising down the highway around 70mph.

Gearhead
02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Yep, and I just happen to have a contact at an exhaust shop...

Next, I'll pull the CAI out of the box and install it. Then the tune. Then the nitrous and another tune...

I took it out for a cruise. There is some resonance, but not obnoxious. Will someone drive this thing so I can hear it from outside the car?

Jim

MojaveG8
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Bring it by and I will drive it for you, LOL

PantherGTBlack
02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I took it out for a cruise. There is some resonance, but not obnoxious. Will someone drive this thing so I can hear it from outside the car?

Jim

I'm sure you got some friends that would be willing to drive it for you, I know I've had plenty of generous offers. haha.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Jim I'll drive it for you if you drive mine. I just installed some custom made Borla axle back mufflers and a Spectre CAI. I'll be posting some videos and pics shortly in another thread.

Blackdevil77
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm gettin my magnaflow axle-backs tomorrow. Except I have the full ARH 1 7/8's long tube headers set up lol. Can't wait to hear it.

Gearhead
02-20-2009, 04:10 PM
The axle backs have some resonance while cruising the highway at 65-70. Any ways to quiet it inside? Besides coasting...

Jim

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-20-2009, 05:24 PM
If it happens with the AFM on you can disable it with a tune or a tuner like my Superchips. I haven't run mine on the highway since I installed the Borla axlebacks, so I don't know if mine resonates at that speed.

Slizzo
02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Or run the car in Manual mode all the time. :)

Gearhead
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
It's not just with AFM on, it's all the time. Even louder without it engaged. I don't really mind it, but wondering if there are ways to reduce it.

-Ray-
02-21-2009, 02:48 PM
It's not just with AFM on, it's all the time. Even louder without it engaged. I don't really mind it, but wondering if there are ways to reduce it.

That my friend is the big quest.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Not really, it's from the deep sound of the mufflers, and it resonates inside the cabin. You could try Dynomat in the trunk, that might reduce it but I don't know for sure.

Blackdevil77
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
It personally doesn't bother me at all. It IS there, but it's not so loud that I can't hear people talk or the radio at a moderate or even low level. Its just there, as a background rumble. I kinda like it :)