PDA

View Full Version : G8 Fuel Filler Door

Downtown
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
My fuel filler door is sticking every other time I drive the car. I went to get gas the other day at it would not open. I went to the nearest dealer and when I pulled in, it was open. Went to the gas station and it was stuck again.

I started the car, put it in gear, back in park and shut it off. The door would open then. I have checked it several times since then and it really is looking like the door is stuck every other time I start and stop the car.

There is something that will not let you open the fuel filler door while the car is in gear. I wonder if this is acting up?

PantherGTBlack
02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Make sure you don't lock your doors when you get out to fill up. There is an actuator that locks the gas door when the car is locked. Not sure if this is what is causing it for you but just wanted to bring it to your attention just in case.

avintegrator
02-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Yeah, the not unlocking the doors got me! I was pissed until i looked at the manual. I was looking for a picture of what was behind the door and found out about the door being locked with the car doors. Nice feature really, just wish i hadn't looked so stupid figuring it out.

Devilish34
02-17-2009, 06:07 AM
I had a VR6 jetta that did the same so I wasn't to surprised the first time.
I like the feature but I hope it never freezes up in the winter.

Downtown
02-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, I bet that's it. Living in Houston and having to go to the passenger side to fill up, I do lock the doors when I fill up.

bigwillys58
02-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Make sure you don't lock your doors when you get out to fill up. There is an actuator that locks the gas door when the car is locked. Not sure if this is what is causing it for you but just wanted to bring it to your attention just in case.

woa! i did not know that... guess it pays to read the manual once in a while

EcoBrick Bob
02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
When this happened to me, I was at the wrong station.... G8 knows bad gas when it sees it!

(Likely was car accidently getting locked.)

PantherGTBlack
02-17-2009, 08:45 PM
woa! i did not know that... guess it pays to read the manual once in a while

Haha...I didn't read the manual but I got pissed off to the point I just drove off and tried the next day...then it came to me young grasshopper. lmao.

gearhead455
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Dealer told me about this Sat. when I picked up my car.We have some snow right now so I won't be driving it this week,but I am reading the entire manual before it driving again as should every owner,that's why they call it an "owners manual" . :devil:

R.Penguin
02-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Haha...I didn't read the manual but I got pissed off to the point I just drove off and tried the next day...then it came to me young grasshopper. lmao.
Ya' know, there are some minor, but nice differences between the '08 & the '09. I think I'll go get the manual and read in bed. :p

BigRob
05-01-2009, 10:58 PM
yeah, my gas door just didnt want to close today. just didnt click. i can close it manually and lock it and it will stay down, but the second that the door unlocks it just pops open. i went to the dealer, and they said its back ordered. im pissed, but i supposed i have an isolated incident, since i cant find anyone else with the same problem. sucks