PDA

View Full Version : VIR August 27, 2013

Doug Hilliard
08-31-2013, 04:28 AM
For you viewing pleasure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIxhJpjmbY&feature=youtu.be

GXPaycheck
08-31-2013, 05:12 AM
Nice runs! Glad to see you got the oil pressure issue fixed. Those vettes sure like to pass in tight places (Oak Tree? That's a fun spot!). AWD didn't help that Suby much :rant:

Thought about THSCC next month, but we are having alignment issues.

Doug Hilliard
08-31-2013, 05:27 AM
Nice runs! Glad to see you got the oil pressure issue fixed. Those vettes sure like to pass in tight places (Oak Tree? That's a fun spot!). AWD didn't help that Suby much :rant:

Thought about THSCC next month, but we are having alignment issues.

I didn't do anything on the oil pressure; since it was the sensor, I didn't worry about it but once I was on track, it never came on again! Yeah, passing in the black group is anywhere; it gets kind of exciting! Hope you get the alignment straightened out!

I12XLR8
09-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Wow. That was awesome! It sounds like a turbine engine ;-)

Do you have the camera mounted to your headrest? It's very stable for a headrest mount and I'm wondering if that's the trick...I have always put mine on the passenger headrest for some reason and recently realized that when I have no passenger is shakes way too much.

Doug Hilliard
09-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Wow. That was awesome! It sounds like a turbine engine ;-)

Do you have the camera mounted to your headrest? It's very stable for a headrest mount and I'm wondering if that's the trick...I have always put mine on the passenger headrest for some reason and recently realized that when I have no passenger is shakes way too much.
I used to mount it on the pass headrest but now it's on mine. It seems to do well there to me too. The shaking in the hard braking zones was due to my rotors warping after a couple sessions. Might have to look at upgrading to CTS-V brakes now!

I12XLR8
09-01-2013, 06:33 PM
With that much power pushing that beast forward you're eventually going to need something beefier to slow it down. Or drive slower...nah...nevermind.

Doug Hilliard
09-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Exactly!!! I may look at upgrading to some wider wheels too so I can get some more rubber on the road.

I12XLR8
09-01-2013, 07:29 PM
It looked like you were able to cut pretty tight even at higher speeds. What rubber are you running now?

Tapatalking too much...

Doug Hilliard
09-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Same ones I've used for my last four (I think) events: Continental Extreme Contact DR tires which are race slicks, 275/35/18 mounted on Beyern 18x8.5 wheels. They do pretty well but the car is so heavy it's tough to turn compared to those Vettes and lighter cars. My best lap was a 2:24 which I was decently pleased with. I have a bunch to learn though on driving fast around that course for sure!

Eidolon
09-08-2013, 05:25 PM
My best lap was a 2:24 which I was decently pleased with.
Dang, very nice! My best was a 2:29!

Doug Hilliard
09-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Dang, very nice! My best was a 2:29!
Wow! And you don't have sticky tires or my hp! I need to follow you around the track!