PDA

View Full Version : painted front fascia

savage_ms
08-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm going to be getting a G8 GT as soon as I sell my truck, and while looking at some online I saw this one. I don't plan on getting it because it has to many miles for my liking, but I like the way they painted the grill, although there are two things I don't think they did right. 1. they did not follow the diagonal line at the bottom, and 2. they didn't paint all of the middle part at the top. I would do this with plasti dip first to see if i liked the basic look, and then get it professionally painted if I did. Just want to get everybody's opinion of it,I think its different and you won't see it very much,except you might now that I shared it with all of you :facepalm2:

travis gore
08-25-2013, 03:16 PM
That looks familiar

MongosG8
08-25-2013, 08:21 PM
That looks familiar

I agree with Travis

A few g8 owners on this forum did this paint scheme on theirs. If you like it do it.

I personally think you should paint the grill inserts to match the body color.. think that looks better IMO

savage_ms
08-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Well I'll have to wait until I sell this dang truck, and who knows how long that'll take its been up for like 3 months with only 3 inquires on it, but once i do it i'll post results. BTW Travis nice to meet you I'm Travis :thumbsup: , and I'm not sure what ill do with the grill inserts i mainly want to do the lower part first I'm looking at a blue G8 right now but idk if it will be there when I'm ready to buy

tchr49
08-26-2013, 02:50 AM
I agree with Travis

A few g8 owners on this forum did this paint scheme on theirs. If you like it do it.

I personally think you should paint the grill inserts to match the body color.. think that looks better IMO

Try it with the PlastiDip so you can remove it if it doesn't turn out like you thought it would. Have to agree with MongosG8-body color grille surrounds look good.