PDA

View Full Version : Stock or Mods?

skurfa
07-27-2013, 09:58 AM
I bought my car from a dealer and thus never met the PO. I am wondering about two things on my car:

First, I am starting to think that the front of the car has been lowered, it's definately lower than a GXP's front I was recently parked beside and also the headlights, well, suck on low beam, I am thinking the front was lowered and the lights never adjusted.

Second, did our cars come with backup warning sensors? Mine does have them but others I have seen do not, was this an option or did PO add them himself?

The only mod that was apparent to me when I bought the car was a K and N CAI.

Thanks for any input.

skurfa
07-27-2013, 10:02 AM
19649I just went out and measured, dead center of front bumper ground clearance is only 6.5 inches

LDM
07-27-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure if the backup sensors were a factory option, but they were definitely an official GM accessory with wiring provisions already in the factory harness. They were possibly installed by the dealer.

G8 GT V8
07-27-2013, 05:36 PM
I think the GT sits a little lower than a GXP to begin with. Not sure how much but have heard it before. Got any side photos of your car to give us a feel for how low it sits?

bjhayes
07-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Backup sensor was not a factory option. Had to have been installed afterwards.... But like LDM stated it could be a GM accessoryinstalled by dealer.
My lights are great both low and high and I'm stock suspension.

-Ray-
07-28-2013, 05:47 AM
What color are the front springs?

Kermit
07-28-2013, 01:50 PM
I guess you will have to compare with mine to see where you sit height wise. I am lowered for sure.

skurfa
07-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a plan Kermit. I have not had time to climb under the car and really look around yet, will be doing so soon however. We are in our peak season right now and I am working 7 days a week while doing some construction at home during the evenings, Late August I am making a quick trip to Cape Cod, so I'll change the oil before I head up there and have a good look around under the car at that time if I don't get to it sooner.

MoonPie
07-30-2013, 03:11 PM
I think the GT sits a little lower than a GXP to begin with. Not sure how much but have heard it before. Got any side photos of your car to give us a feel for how low it sits?

GXP does sit a little higher, at least it looks it to me

Panzer Leader
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Both the GT and the Base rode on the same FE2 suspension. Even before I had the Pedders Street II installed, I always thought my front end was lower than the rear... Didn't know if it was the body design or the suspension itself.... that gave it that appearance. The GT perhaps rode lower in the front, than the base, because of the additional engine weight... The GXP I am considering, had the Firehawk Springs installed. It definitely sits lower in the front....