PDA

View Full Version : Trading in a tuned car?

GEE8GEETEE
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, if I end up trading my GT in, do you think I should put the stock ECM back in first? Or should I not even worry about it?

vert
07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Unless you are going to take the car back to stock ( intake/exhaust) I would leave it in so the new owner can enjoy the extra power. Sounds like you have an extra ecm, you could leave it in the car when you trade or sell it.

GEE8GEETEE
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Not worth selling it I guess?

screaminChick-n
07-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Is the ECM is the same as for a Gxp I would be interested . Anyone know ?

GEE8GEETEE
07-23-2013, 04:36 AM
Not sure personally, but I would think so. Would just need to be reprogrammed

roman1978
07-23-2013, 10:14 AM
which dealership in New jersey you traded it in

GEE8GEETEE
07-23-2013, 11:41 AM
which dealership in New jersey you traded it in

Sent PM

GXPaycheck
07-24-2013, 05:19 AM
GT and GXP ECMs are different. I still have two from my GT laying around. Need to get rid of them eventually.

DanSVT03
07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
I know many dealerships will try to dock you on the trade in value because your car is modified. Then when they go to sell it, they'll bump the price up because it's a "modified car." As long as your car is mechanically sound, do not budge an inch from what it's worth, and don't worry about the mods either. I test drove several G8's a couple years ago at dealerships that were modified when I was looking for one.

SRMG8V8
07-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Also traded in my G8 last week for a 2012 Wrangler. I'm PCS'ing to Sparta WI this JAN and figured I'd have the G8 in the garage more then I'd have it on the road. I really wanted to take off all the mods and return the ecm to stock but I was getting allot of shit from my salesman about it. I haggled for 3 days with them about getting at least 19K out of it. Stupid stealership goes with NADA which givin my mileage and condition they were telling me it was only worth 18.5. I had about 3K worth of mods on it but I know they wouldn't give me anything for them and actually advised me to not bring it up because it would bring the value down. Ended up trading straight up with zero negative equity and same payment I was making on the G8. They had it sold by the next weekend. Left the tuner in the glove box for the next owner..someone got a hell of a car. Jeep is already lifted on 35's, did ok on the trade overall I think, financed 29K and drove off the lot with the jeep valued at 30K. Never had a truck or jeep in my life but apparently Jeep Wrangler's hold there value so wife is good with it lol. Id return it to stock if you have the chance