PDA

View Full Version : DBA Assistance

pakitullanc
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Picking up some Camaro Brembo calipers complete with everything except rotors and brackets. Ik to get brackets from squash. The problem is rotors

If I go OEM Camaro rotors then I (undecided to keep ebrake due to dba availability) lose ebrake or buy dba. Cost wise its a wash either one. The uncertainty is the whole ebrake pad mod issue discussed in another thread.
Checked with Maryland, 6-9+ weeks for delivery for dba. Checked with the CP cannot match price.

Does anyone else in the US sells DBA 42031s rotors or does anyone has a set they willing to sell.

Any assistance will be appreciated

Sent from my Samsung GSN 2 using Tapatalk 2

Eidolon
07-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I ended up going with the Camaro rotors because the 2009+ CTS-V and the 2010+ Camaro use the same rear rotor and caliper. So parts - and aftermarket alternatives - should always be plentiful with that setup.

The downside is, as you note, the loss of the rear parking brake or the need to purchase the new shoes. It's even worth noting that I recently had to adjust the rear parking brakes because they'd loosened. So I may one day need to get the shoes re-lined.

pakitullanc
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM
I ended up going with the Camaro rotors because the 2009+ CTS-V and the 2010+ Camaro use the same rear rotor and caliper. So parts - and aftermarket alternatives - should always be plentiful with that setup.

The downside is, as you note, the loss of the rear parking brake or the need to purchase the new shoes. It's even worth noting that I recently had to adjust the rear parking brakes because they'd loosened. So I may one day need to get the shoes re-lined.

That's what I am leaning towards not because of cost but hassle of finding DBA rotors and having to wait 2+ months to get them. The ebrake is a issue a lot of people are having. Where did you get your boot put on from.

Sent from my Samsung GSN 2 using Tapatalk 2

Khynex
07-19-2013, 06:44 PM
im on the same boat, looking to get some camaro brembos as well but not sure about the shoe. I believe centless makes the shoes, its 280 bucks