PDA

View Full Version : Another Challenger bites the dust!

Blackdevil77
02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
got into my first actual street race today. On the highway on the way home from school, I notice an Orange Challenger SRT8 so I speed up swirving around traffic to catch up to it to get a better look. The guy see's me checking it out and gestures by pointing to me, then him like "me and you? race?" I was like why the hell not, you only live once. We slow down to about 50, I downshift into 3rd, he counts down with his fingers and were off! I slowly pull on him until the end of 3rd gear, his front bumper is at my rear. Then at 4th, I very slowly start pulling away from him. I called it quits at about 125 mph cuz my exit was coming up. Gave him the peace sign and got off. My first notch in the kill belt :)

R.Penguin
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
He's probably still throwing up. "That was a 4 door sedan" WTF??????

Blackdevil77
02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
lol. I wish i got to see his reaction but my exit came up, fast lol. He was an older guy, probably in his 40's.

G8GT594
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Nice!!! Keep them hemi boys in there place haha. Bet that felt good!

Mike P
02-12-2009, 10:05 PM
got into my first actual street race today. On the highway on the way home from school, I notice an Orange Challenger SRT8 so I speed up swirving around traffic to catch up to it to get a better look. The guy see's me checking it out and gestures by pointing to me, then him like "me and you? race?" I was like why the hell not, you only live once. We slow down to about 50, I downshift into 3rd, he counts down with his fingers and were off! I slowly pull on him until the end of 3rd gear, his front bumper is at my rear. Then at 4th, I very slowly start pulling away from him. I called it quits at about 125 mph cuz my exit was coming up. Gave him the peace sign and got off. My first notch in the kill belt :)

Dude, that's awesome! I'm wondering if you would have put it into Sport Mode if it would have down shifted into 2nd gear.

Because I'm pretty sure at WOT it goes from 1st to 2nd gear at 39mph, and then goes from 2nd to 3rd gear at 69mph, and then 3rd gear can go up to about 108mph if you hold it, then onto 4th.

In any event, way to take down an SRT-8! :devil:

GT G8
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
"me and you? race?" I was like why the hell not, you only live once.

:hmm:

g8_795
02-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Nice kill. That is great.

My neighbor has a stock SRT8. When I talk to him about his car, he implies that my car would have no chance against his. He made a remark about if I keep modding my car that one day I may be able to beat his. Arrogant fuck. I just laugh.

Blackdevil77
02-13-2009, 04:11 AM
you need to race him and shut him up lol. he'll just stare at his car afterwards like "YOU FAILED ME!!!!" lol

Art708
02-13-2009, 04:12 AM

My neighbor has a stock SRT8. When I talk to him about his car, he implies that my car would have no chance against his. He made a remark about if I keep modding my car that one day I may be able to beat his. Arrogant fuck. I just laugh.

So tell him to put up a hundred and let's go for a run..... put up or shut up. That'd settle the whole thing cuz one of you would lose.talk is cheap.

jbradsh1
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM

With your mods I can practically guarantee you'll beat him, especially if you race him from a stop. Even if he has headers, cai, tune, etc. but no motor work.

The Commodore
02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Great kill.

And whats up with those SRT8 owners thinking they own the street? I over heard some Challenger owners at a car show about a month ago and they talked as if nothing can touch their cars. I just shrugged and moved on.

I like the look of the Challengers.

SRT8 Challengers are the fastest SRT8s right? Or is the Cherokee the fastest? I know the CHerokee has the dig covered.

I just want to be faster than any SRT8(stock or lightly modded). I think Vararam/Tune/Headers will take care of that.

zosoboogie
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
if only the G8 received as much attention as the Challenger!?!?

Mike P
02-13-2009, 09:07 PM

I would love to see that race with you vs. your neighbor. You would beat him pretty good! What sweet awesome justice that would be. You should have that punk go to the track with you & beat his ass there! :)