PDA

View Full Version : Pick up scheduled

kevinm0131
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Folks,
It looks like you won't have to listen to me whine about waiting for my GXP. I am scheduled to fly into Chicago and pick mine up on Saturday from Greg at St. Charles Pontiac. I'll be taking pics when I pick it up and will post asap. Wish/pray for no snow as of course it has the summer only tires!:windy:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::w oohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woo hoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Kevin

xfactor
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Send those pix as soon as you can. I am jealous, I was supposed to pick mine up Saturday but it didn't make it in time. I'm happy for ya. What color, auto or M6, sunroof?

Also, I just read an article in Car and Driver and it mentioned a "dealer installed track option" that included a xmsn cooler and another cooler (can't remember and didnt buy the mag, just read the article while my daugther pick her sister something out for V-day). Do you know anything about this option? Can you ask your dealer and see if they know?

Anyway, cannot wait to see the pix. Let us know what you think of it after the drive home. Congrats! X

Slizzo
02-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Thought the transmission cooler was a stock item on the GXP?

kevinm0131
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
sport red, auto, sunroof...I'll check on the track pack.
Kevin

xfactor
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I bet it will look awesome. As I said, I am jealous! Congrats on purchasing the most powerful Pontiac ever produced!

kevinm0131
02-13-2009, 11:34 AM
well I called tirerack at lunch and they are overnighting a set of a/s to my dealer and they have agreed to mount and balance them for me. Now I feel better about the 5.5 hour drive home!
I'll try and post my first impresions tommorow night.
Kevin

kevinm0131
02-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Hey all,
Got it! Love it! I'm really proud of it.
Here's some pics....

http://picasaweb.google.com/kmckeehan/GXP?authkey=Tea67WBTLD8&feat=email#

Kevin

99-LS1-SS
02-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Congratulations! I'm super jealous.

What are your driving impressions? Since it's an automatic it should compare with the GT. Did you drive a GT before getting the GXP? If so how does it feel compared to the GT?

kevinm0131
02-15-2009, 07:46 AM
LS,
Here's my personal take. I did drive a GT & a sedan and they are fast, the V-6 is a great bang for the buck no doubt about it, the GT is an EXCELLENT bang for the buck.
The GXP is not as civilized, a bit more brutish and the acceleration comes on like light switch. I don't mean to make it sound as something evil, but, that exhaust note is something else and when i pulled it in the garage the wife and boy were both looking at the door as I walked in the house and pointed out how it rattled the dishes. (OK so our garage is right next to the kitchen.) Stomp the pedal and just for an instant it feels like a good car, then that LS3 gets spun up and it's outta here time. I can't stop grinning and any hope of decent gas mileage around town is out the window...the old right foot is itchy when you know you have that much grunt just waiting. I did manage just a tick over 20 mpg cruising at around 73 to 75 on my return flight from Chicago, even every once in a while when I came upon an annoying driver I would just say adios and she spun to triple digits fast. So that's my two cents worth. I'm sure some folks will disagree, but, I think it's certainly worth the extra money, and the wait, then if you mod it...look out!
I'l have more to report after I send a little more time with it.
Kevin
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Slizzo
02-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Mmmm... Sport Red, car looks great in that color!

And do I spy a Hot White one in the background? Your dealer got 2 of em?!

xfactor
02-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Awesome! I would be the same way, grinning ear to ear. It really looks good. Thanks for giving your impression of it. Still no word on mine. They expect it any time. The bad thing is that tomorrow is the only free day I have for about 2 weeks!!!

Anyway, it looks awesome and we are happy for ya.

X

redhawk01
02-15-2009, 08:52 AM
awesome color. one of my fav's. nice ride, have fun with it.

kevinm0131
02-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Mmmm... Sport Red, car looks great in that color!

And do I spy a Hot White one in the background? Your dealer got 2 of em?!
Actually, he has had a total of four, one other srm that was sold a few weeks ago (when I saw it on the locator, I called but it was sold, he called me a couple weeks ago about one of white hot ones and I said srm only, so when they unloaded one on Wednesday he called me and the rest is history!)and he currently has two white hot autos on the lot and he has a manual on the way. He says they had special deal with GM because they saved a big dealer that was closing down, GM paid for the remodel of the building and offered all sorts of exclusives. It's St. Charles in St. Charles Il. (greater Chicago) and my salesman was Gregg Epstein and I can't say enough good things about him and the dealership. The owner was there the whole time I was yesterday, they have snowed cleaned off the lot and the cars, just top shelf and nice. They rolled with all my punches of flying in, GM discount and having a set of A/S tires overnighted and had them mounted up for me. I was so happy i bought a second car for my wife while I was there. They are driving it down on Wednesday and driving back her old car!They do of course offer all the usual ad ons and you can choose or not. I won't fault them for running their business and making a profit.
Thanx,
kevin

N2G8GXP
02-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Congrats SRM was one of my fav's while black has been my pick, I really considered the SRM thought it might show dirt/scratches less. Wife ate her first Mustang last week, some guy in a red mustang kept trying to race and when they stopped at a light he tromped the gas and so did she and left him sitting! He left her alone after that! Let me know how the color holds up!