PDA

View Full Version : Stock GT gas and brake pedals

PantherGTBlack
02-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I replaced mine with the sport package pedals. $60 with shipping for the 48 contiguous states.

R.Penguin
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Is it the whole pedal or does the sport pkg pedal metal slip on the base. I have both styles, so gotta decide which.

PantherGTBlack
02-11-2009, 10:44 PM
The gas pedal is a whole assembly that comes off, it's attached by 3 screws and the connection for the electronic throttle control. You have to pull the plastic panel under the dash off to reach it, also have to remove the the screws for the OBDII port as they help hold on the panel. Once those are removed be careful pulling down the panel so you don't break the plastic mounting tabs ( I doubt you're worried about Pen. 1 but be gentle with Pen. 2). The brake pedal is just a replacement pad. However since the sport package one has the imitation aluminum trim it's very stiff, I used liberal amounts of lithium grease (because that's what I had handy, I'm sure vaseline would work too) to get it on.

Hope this helps you out! I'm going off memory and I did this back in August, so my guess would be to us Pen. 1 as a test run for trial and error, but I think I got it covered for ya.

R.Penguin
02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Roger!

Devilish34
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I replaced mine with the sport package pedals. $60 with shipping for the 48 contiguous states.

Does it make it go faster? :mellow:

PantherGTBlack
02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Does it make it go faster? :mellow:

Hahaha...When I put on the Sport pedals I noticed a difference, these are the slow pedals, lol...:)