PDA

View Full Version : 2 Way Advanced Remote Start

bigtreepu
02-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Hey All,

Just wanted to give an update for anyone who was curious.
You definitely CAN get the advanced two way remote start from GM. I am having mine put in today. I basically had to inform the dealership of the part #'s required, and after looking @ it, they agreed it was feasible.

Total cost for my install is 197 + tax. Remote alone is 150.

~Matt

SRG963
02-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Hey All,

You definitely CAN get the advanced two way remote start from GM. I am having mine put in today. I basically had to inform the dealership of the part #'s required, and after looking @ it, they agreed it was feasible.

~Matt

Cool!

Be sure to post some pictures, I would like to have this remote :)

MANOFSTEEL69
02-11-2009, 05:20 AM
What's the difference? Thanks!

SRG963
02-11-2009, 06:11 AM
What's the difference? Thanks!

Reads on the remote, tire pressure, miles, locked doors and some other things I believe.

Extended range...

http://fyi.gmblogs.com/2006/11/new_on_your_key_fob_advanced_r.html

08G8V8
02-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Hey All,

~Matt

Can you post up the part #'s required? I'd like to call my dealer with this info to see what they would charge for the key fob and install.

Thanks

SRG963
02-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Can you post up the part #'s required? I'd like to call my dealer with this info to see what they would charge for the key fob and install.

Thanks

I think this is it.
P# 92213204

SRG963
02-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Here is the install process:
Important: Please review this entire procedure before trying to perform it.

Replace the factory Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) with the 2-way RCDLR included in the kit. See Remote Control Door Lock Receiver and Theft Deterrent Module Replacement. Do not reassemble yet.
Remove the passenger side "C" pillar trim. See Quarter Upper Trim Panel Replacement.

Secure the antenna wire to the "C" pillar sheet metal using three Argent wire wraps (1) leaving 138 mm (5 7/16 in) (a) of wire from the antenna base to the first Argent wire wrap.
Reassemble the passenger side "C" pillar trim.
Clean the antenna mounting location on the passenger side "C" pillar trim with an alcohol wipe.

Dry the "C" pillar trim thoroughly using a lint free cloth.
Apply Adhesion Promoter GM P/N 12378462 (Canadian P/N 10953554) to the area of the "C" pillar trim where the antenna will be mounted. Follow the adhesion promoter instructions on the product label.
Important:

• The adhesion promoter must be used to assure adequate bonding of the antenna.

• Mask off or protect areas before applying the adhesion promoter.

• Position the antenna according to the figure provided.

Remove the protective film from the adhesive pad on the antenna.

Using the measurements , a=340 mm (13 3/8 in) and b=55 mm (2 3/16 in), attach the antenna to the passenger side "C" pillar trim.
Press firmly on the antenna, including all four corners of the adhesive pad, in order to ensure proper adhesion to the trim panel.
Hold pressure on the antenna for 10-30 seconds.
Ensure that no gaps occur between the antenna adhesive pad and the "C" pillar trim.

Secure antenna wire (1) with three wire wraps (2), to the existing factory harness (3).

Important: If the harness is not present to secure the cable to, re-locate it from its tied back position to the body harness and clip in place. Secure the loose connectors to the foam wrapped harness with a wire wrap.

Continue to route the antenna wire (3) towards the RCDLR, secure with three Argent wire wraps (1). Loop the excess antenna wire in a "Figure 8" and secure to the existing wire harness with two wire wraps (2).
Important: Excess wire must be looped in a "Figure 8" no less than 100 mm (4 in) in length, failure to do this will reduce the performance of the system.

Remove the factory keyless entry antenna.
Connect the antenna to the RCDLR.
Program the new RCDLR. See Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Programming and Setup.
Using the scan tool, retrieve any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from all of the modules.
Clear all DTCs.
Remove the scan tool.
Drive the vehicle above 25 mph for at least two minutes. This is to update the tire pressure displays.
Operate the 2-way and factory transmitters in order to verify correct system operation. See Keyless Entry System Description and Operation. Press a command button with the vehicle ignition ON in order to synchronize the 2-way transmitter clock to the vehicle clock.
Add the transmitters to the customer key rings.
Place the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start Owner Manual in the instrument panel compartment.
Keep the vehicle dry. Allow 6-8 hours, at 15°C (60°F), for the antenna adhesive to cure after installation.

SRG963
02-11-2009, 06:52 AM
GMPartsDirect has a much better price if that part number is accurate.

GM PART # 92213204
CATEGORY: Body Multifunction Computer Connector/Module
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $150.00
OUR PRICE: $109.20

08G8V8
02-11-2009, 06:56 AM
GMPartsDirect has a much better price if that part number is accurate.

GM PART # 92213204
CATEGORY: Body Multifunction Computer Connector/Module
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $150.00
OUR PRICE: $109.20

THANKS! This is looking good.

Darkside
02-11-2009, 07:10 AM
The extended range is supposed to be better, but still not that good. My install guy offered it to me but said that it wouldn't come close to having the range of my Clifford.

wreckwriter
02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
The extended range is supposed to be better, but still not that good. My install guy offered it to me but said that it wouldn't come close to having the range of my Clifford.

which Clifford do you have? When I had 770 installed the module for the G8 did not yet exist so mine functions as an alarm only, no remote start.

MichaelG8
03-13-2009, 07:12 PM
wow i had never heard of this!. I want! im going to the delaert morrow morning for a simple inspection and a little rattle in my door panel. im going to ask them about it.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-13-2009, 08:05 PM
It's $106 at monster parts website and they have much faster shipping than GMPD. What do they do about the flip out key in our fob, is that replaced with a standard key?

bigtreepu
03-14-2009, 04:12 AM
you keep your flip out key....to put in the ignition. The new 2 way remote is a behomoth! and no key attached to it.
~Matt

It looks like this, and it's very large.
http://westerntuning.com/gmimages/07_CHE_SUB_REM_01_A.jpg

08G8V8
03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't understand why you can't get a key cut to go on a key-ring like a normal key. You shouldn't have to carry around 2 key fobs.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah that's stupid to have 2 key fobs on the keychain.

Darkside
03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
which Clifford do you have? When I had 770 installed the module for the G8 did not yet exist so mine functions as an alarm only, no remote start.

I think its the 7701. Its been on a few of my past cars and I have no idea where the paperwork is for it. I actually just had it installed on the G8 yesterday.