PDA

View Full Version : Kooks long tube header question

VegasNate
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
I have the Magnaflow Cat back exhaust. My car is in the shop as we speak. My issue is that my installer is saying that my kooks lt headers matched with the X pipe that kooks says to buy with the headers will not work with the cat back. On Kooks website and every other vendor they say it will work. Am I missing something. I will now be forced to get a new axleback set of mufflers if this is true. Help Please!!!!

GeorgeInNePa
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
The Kooks (and the ARH) system will work with the factory AXLE-back, not the cat back.

VegasNate
02-10-2009, 06:43 PM
GRRRRRR8....................And not in a good way

Andy@Livernois
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
yeah, it will work with the magnaflow/kooks/corsa (if ever released) axleback, but it will have to be modified to use with the cat-back. It's the same with any long tube for these cars unfortunately...

R.Penguin
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Cat back + hacksaw = axlebacks. :p

Ktlplxm
02-11-2009, 05:52 AM
yeah, it will work with the magnaflow/kooks/corsa (if ever released) axleback, but it will have to be modified to use with the cat-back. It's the same with any long tube for these cars unfortunately...

Andy, have you heard anymore from Corsa regarding their axleback? When I spoke to a few of the guys their last week, they said they have NO plans on releasing just am axle back. I informed them that their catback system is essentially useless to all of us with long tubes, and they said that they were under the impression there weren't that many people running LTH that would consider their systems so they were not bothering with it.

Andy@Livernois
02-11-2009, 06:16 AM
hmm. I will have to call paul again...