PDA

View Full Version : Kooks shorty headers?

13 QTR
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
anyone got a picture of them?? Just wondering if they had the 90* bend in them like the factory? Or if they were like the jba's?
Their on the Kooks website...just no pics or real good info.

jbradsh1
02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
anyone got a picture of them?? Just wondering if they had the 90* bend in them like the factory? Or if they were like the jba's?
Their on the Kooks website...just no pics or real good info.

I have 'em and no they don't have a 90 degree bend.

13 QTR
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I have 'em and no they don't have a 90 degree bend.

got any pics? What is your impression of them? I already have no cats,and no center muffler and no resonators...just a h-pipe staight back to magnaflows. So I was just wanting something to bolt up to the factory catback setup. I was looking at the slp's...but for less $$$ the kooks sounds better.
I might as well put some high flow cats back on...no telling when the state might start checking.
thanks......just send me some info.....

GeorgeInNePa
02-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Long tubes will give you more power. If you are going to spend the money on high flow cats, you should think long and hard about doing the longtubes.

;)

13 QTR
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Long tubes will give you more power. If you are going to spend the money on high flow cats, you should think long and hard about doing the longtubes.

;)

I could do without the cats. I just want something that will bolt up to the factory catback system.

jbradsh1
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
got any pics? What is your impression of them? I already have no cats,and no center muffler and no resonators...just a h-pipe staight back to magnaflows. So I was just wanting something to bolt up to the factory catback setup. I was looking at the slp's...but for less $$$ the kooks sounds better.
I might as well put some high flow cats back on...no telling when the state might start checking.
thanks......just send me some info.....

You can call Kooks and order their shorty headers with high flow cats for about $765. I must compliment you for being intelligent, broadminded, and most intellectual (from the 3 stooges) for making the move to shorty headers, I still have them, but I may not much longer after the cam. If I decide to sell them I'll let you know, OK.

G8GT594
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Long tubes. Get them and don't look back. I have yet to see a dyno graph to show that they are worth money.

13 QTR
02-12-2009, 03:19 AM
You can call Kooks and order their shorty headers with high flow cats for about $765. I must compliment you for being intelligent, broadminded, and most intellectual (from the 3 stooges) for making the move to shorty headers, I still have them, but I may not much longer after the cam. If I decide to sell them I'll let you know, OK.

Hell....If you knew me...I'd think^ that was sarcastic...I hope some of my locals don't see that. You wasn't being sarcastic was you? If you do swap...let me know. I'm not gonna rush into buying anything right now....gotta see what the economy holds for my job.
What was your final dyno numbers? Where about close in mods.

jbradsh1
02-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Hell....If you knew me...I'd think^ that was sarcastic...I hope some of my locals don't see that. You wasn't being sarcastic was you? If you do swap...let me know. I'm not gonna rush into buying anything right now....gotta see what the economy holds for my job.
What was your final dyno numbers? Where about close in mods.

No I wasn't at all, just being funny. I've taken a lot of criticism over picking shorty headers for my car, so, I was just having some fun laughing that off. Everyone here is right of course. LTs do make more rwhp properly set up than shorties.

I'm getting ready to have my car dynoed again, after installing the Magnaflow X pipe. I'll let know how it comes out. My original dyno numbers were 337 rwhp with 348 torque on the VMS "stang" dyno.

13 QTR
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
No I wasn't at all, just being funny. I've taken a lot of criticism over picking shorty headers for my car, so, I was just having some fun laughing that off. Everyone here is right of course. LTs do make more rwhp properly set up than shorties.

I'm getting ready to have my car dynoed again, after installing the Magnaflow X pipe. I'll let know how it comes out. My original dyno numbers were 337 rwhp with 348 torque on the VMS "stang" dyno.

On a stang dyno...ain't bad. I'm actually at 342whp/356wtq now on a dyno jet....just pretty lean now.
Hell...if I can gain 10-15 more whp...it'd be pretty sick with these gears. I'm also getting the rpms turned up some more...

jbradsh1
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
On a stang dyno...ain't bad. I'm actually at 342whp/356wtq now on a dyno jet....just pretty lean now.
Hell...if I can gain 10-15 more whp...it'd be pretty sick with these gears. I'm also getting the rpms turned up some more...

Don't forget, my hp & tq numbers were before the Magnaflow X pipe, which I know helped out the power and acceleration very noticeably. I figure that the car is putting out 347 - 350 rwhp as it is now but when I get up to Livernois I'll know for sure. Same dyno as VMS's, the Mustang dyno.

I just had my trans tune adjusted and it shifts at around 6250-6300 rpm now. I like it better now.