PDA

View Full Version : VIR North, April 6, 2013, Session 2

Doug Hilliard
05-28-2013, 06:51 AM
I did VIR North back in April and haven't had time to upload the vids until now. Here's the one from session 2. It's a little short as I lost my serpentine belt toward the end so I cut that out. Sorry about the wind noise; I forgot to put tape across the mic this time to mute it so you will want to have the volume down a little if you are interested in checking it out. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMehind3BA&feature=youtu.be

TooManyHobbies
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Looks like fun. What is with all the slow Corvettes :clap:

Troy TrackBeast
05-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing Doug! One of these days I will get out there and join you guys...

Bill Brollier
05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Doug, lookin' good.

Where-ever did you have the "camera" mounted. It was as close to perfect as I have seen!

Darned near like being there!

STL_G8GT
05-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Very cool, good stuff!!

Doug Hilliard
05-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks all! Bill, I had the camera mounted on a bracket off my headrest posts. It was fun passing the 'Vettes but there was a wicked fast M3 and a couple GT3's that ate my lunch pretty good on another session!

Bill Brollier
05-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Pictures of the camera mount?

Doug Hilliard
05-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Pictures of the camera mount?
Here's a link where you can buy it (also shows a picture of how it works):
http://www.cruisecam.com/products.html

GXPaycheck
05-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Here's a link where you can buy it (also shows a picture of how it works):
http://www.cruisecam.com/products.html

I have one as well. Nice piece of equipment. Too bad I don't have a good camera to go with it!

Matt82
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
I grew up about 45 minutes from there. I wish I had gone. Its funny though I recognize the hotel from one of the Top Gear episodes. Looks like a blast, especially in a well built car like yours.

Doug Hilliard
05-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I grew up about 45 minutes from there. I wish I had gone. Its funny though I recognize the hotel from one of the Top Gear episodes. Looks like a blast, especially in a well built car like yours.
Thanks! It definitely is!

MFE
05-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Looks like fun. What is with all the slow Corvettes :clap:

If you spend enough time on road courses, you find out that's unfortunately all too typical for too many corvette and Porsche drivers. Hammer down in the straights, crawl through the corners.

Doug Hilliard
05-28-2013, 07:26 PM
If you spend enough time on road courses, you find out that's unfortunately all too typical for too many corvette and Porsche drivers. Hammer down in the straights, crawl through the corners.
True; I have seen some though going all out. I had an instructor last year in a Z06 that drove it very hard; it was a fun ride with him!

MFE
05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
True; I have seen some though going all out. I had an instructor last year in a Z06 that drove it very hard; it was a fun ride with him!

Oh, there's no doubt about that, in fact at any given day, a lot of the fastest drivers will be in Porsches and Vettes. But during those same days, the guys who will drive you the most crazy with holding you up in corners will be driving the same makes.