PDA

View Full Version : Rear Axle's, rear end....

Blackdevil77
02-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I had a little accident which was my fault. Nothing bad. I was backing up in a really narrow area behind a bestbuy were I had no room for a 3 point turn so i figured I'd just back up and go out into the street. Only problem is, it was a decent ways to back up so I was going in reverse at probably over 10 mph. maybe 15 or so cuz im stupid like that and to my surprise, the curb jetted out were I was reversing which looked like an area for a tree but there was none there. The left side of my car went completely up, over and down this high curb, (probably 5 to 6 inches high) Miraculously, only the wheels hit the curb. Nothing under the car or bumpers, but I hit HARD! The guy in the back seat bounced off the ceiling and the whole car just jumped up. I threw myself out of the car frantically looking around. Everything looked ok, car drove fine, I even jacked it up and to my eyes, everything looked fine. Should I be worried about this just because of how hard I hit, or do you think I should get it checked out by a professional? To my untrained eyes, everything looks fine.

wreckwriter
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
If it still feels fine it's likely ok. I've caught curbs on corners at low speed with no damage.

-Ray-
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Just check your wheels for any damage.

Blackdevil77
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I checked the rim and the axle and everything seems to be ok. No wobble, still rides smooth and as far as I can tell, no damage. As you know im far from expert so i thought id ask.

todds87ss
02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you learned an inexpensive lesson...I'd go have a beer and say a little prayer of thanks.
Glad to hear there's no damage. You do not need that kind of luck!
Cheers

R.Penguin
02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Well 77, I have to say that the visibility when backing a G8 is not very good. Like most cars there are blind spots and I have had to take it very slow, use the mirrors and crank my head around.

Probably you will back a bit slower from now on, but that's the only safe way to back the car up.:poof:

Blackdevil77
02-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Well 77, I have to say that the visibility when backing a G8 is not very good. Like most cars there are blind spots and I have had to take it very slow, use the mirrors and crank my head around.

Probably you will back a bit slower from now on, but that's the only safe way to back the car up.:poof:

yes exactly! My biggest fear is fire hydrants. I always have day dream nightmares of me backing into them because they are just to low and can't see 'em.

Thank God!!!! everything is alright. Now wheres that beer....:cheers: