PDA

View Full Version : compustar pro rf-p2w901-ss remote start

card21doc
04-07-2013, 06:54 AM
I was sick and tired of the factory "remote start." I had tried the stereo wire to the antenna upgrade with only slightly better results. I had changed the batteries etc, etc. The fact is the factory remote is almost useless. I looked in to the factory range extender, but then read reviews where some of them were only getting 25 feet range.

After reading as many reviews as I could find, I settled on the compustar unit.

While you can install yourself, the unit has a lifetime warranty if installed by a certified compustar dealer. My unit was installed by All Source in Danville, Il, a compustar pro dealer.

The results are amazing. I have personally started the car from over 4 blocks away through a church and several houses. I have been in a super walmart, and started the car diagonally through the store and halfway out in the parking lot on the opposite side. When the inside temp of the car is under 42 degrees, the heated seats come on. That pleases the wife immensley.

This is a 2-way system. The remote sends a signal to the car to start, then the car sends a signal to the remote showing that the function was completed. No guesswork as to if the car actually started.

Compustar also offers a drone system that works much like onstar. You can then do all the functions of the remote on your telephone, plus gps, car alarm, etc.

The cost for the remote start was $560 installed. The drone will be another $300 installed plus subscription.
The first year is free, then $50 per year for standard and $119 per year for deluxe. I don't know how much the alarm is, but I am going to look into it.

It has been 3 weeks since the install, and the wife and I are quite pleased that we have "an honest to god remote starter" on the car.

I have installed the nav kit, solo axlebacks, and now this. My next project will be the back up camera from demon 8 designs.