PDA

View Full Version : Spring in Alberta

GRRR8GT
03-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Right...its spring isn't it. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? We're in the middle of a blizzard thats dumped 10" so far and still coming. Massive 100 car pile up on Highway 2 into Edmonton. Hundreds injured. Highway closed north and southbound. Highway 16 east bound into Edmonton at a standstill. 15 minute drive to work took 2+hours tonight. Ya its spring in Alberta.

travis gore
03-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Spring? so they say. we are to get 6-10 of the white stuff on Sunday

partagas
03-23-2013, 12:41 PM
hopefully that's the last big snowfall. was a lot of fun driving the g8 around town. G8 turned into a slow plow when i entered my alley way. good thing i have good neighbors who helped me push the g8 back home lol.

G8chick
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
LOL i feel bad for you guys you got dumped on pretty good.. we got quite a bit but not nearly as much as you guys. Weather is starting to look better within the next week tho! heres to having shiny cars once again :) my car is dying for a detail where it can stay clean longer then a few hrs

GRRR8GT
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Here here to shiny cars! I can't get over your "snow plow" picture partagas. Besides the snow its the potholes this year already. I have never seen it this bad. We're talking "sinkhole" size here! But your right G8chick it does sound like the week is going to end warm. Still -16 this morning though.

G8chick
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree with the potholes! I come up to Edmonton once a month for practice with my dog and couldn't believe it! Red deer fixes are right away usually

partagas
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM
hopefully the g8 will never be a snow plow again lol. yeah these potholes are frigen ridiculous but the city is throwing down 6mil to repairs the roads. been very scary driving in town and afraid to put my 20" rims on too :(.. off to calgary for the weekend too nicer weather and roads!

GRRR8GT
03-28-2013, 11:20 PM
They could spend 6 mil on 50th street and then what will they do with the other 200+ streets. I hear you partagas cause my 20's are on and I'm thinking about throwing the 18's back on its so bad. That Corso/Kooks combo you videod really barks. Its a higher pitched sound compared to my solo and your headers really bring it out. Played it for the wife and got a " No @**) )^#% +^! " if you get my meaning. Should be nice in Calgary this weekend. Supposed to be warm. Enjoy!

What kind of bow wow do you have G8chick? We have a senior shar pei and a junior schnauzer. both spoiled.

G8chick
03-29-2013, 07:27 AM
I have a 3 yr old blue heeler, we go up for flyball practice ( like drag racing with dogs) and we are learning agility. I'm dying to put my rims on but it'll be atleast a month yet :( I'm heading to airdrie Sunday for nice weather lol! It's always a few degrees warmer down there