PDA

View Full Version : Whole radio/hvac control total shut off

JAWDRPNG8
02-06-2009, 12:14 AM
SOO the car Red G8 in the avatar pic with me...had about $10K work done to it...shop to remain nameless..and besides the maggie the new mod he came home with...was the Radio/HVAC went completely blank ( his car was gone for weeks at this shop) ..any how..that was like 2 weeks ago..and the owner..like me ..has been working like everyday...and has not been able to have anyone look at it....* THE SHop where he had X work done...is hundreds of miles away..
TODAY THE exact same thing happend to me...
TOTAL SHUT OFF..BLANK OF THE CENTER CONSOLE..RADIO..HVAC CONTROLS.....has anyone heard of this??
2 cali cars from differnent dealers in mild weather..both are 2008.
>>> worried.! , confused, perplexed!
Mine came back on..when I called RED G8 owner...scared the crap outa me...why it just went off like that..
ANY IDEAS??

Chooch
02-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Mine has done that a few times. Then the sorrunding backlights blink. I just shut off the car and start it back up a minute later and all is well. But it is a concern if it happens more often then the 3-4 times since august when I bought it

GRRRR8
02-06-2009, 06:12 AM
They have an issue with the face plate connection. Sometimes cold/hot weather effects it and sometimes you can press on all for corners and it starts working fine.

JAWDRPNG8
02-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks Charlie for the tip...I am going to see what happens, Mine so far was a one time Deal....REd G8 has this problem DAILY, sumtimes on..most time off
I was thinking it was some kinda short but a connector makes sense too but I would hope that have some kinda fix for it..I dont wanna attempt to pull the unit out myself..

GRRRR8
02-06-2009, 07:55 AM
It is covered under warranty Joe and it is a known problem to the dealers.