PDA

View Full Version : Quality exhaust shops in Dayton / Cincinnati area

foreosu
02-05-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm ordering myself an X-pipe and some Corsa dB mufflers in the next couple weeks and need a recommendation on where to take my car for the install. I live in Bellbrook, just SE of Dayton, but I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to have it installed somewhere that is highly recommended. Even somewhere near Columbus would be ok. I just want to avoid taking it to Midas and having some guy who's never seen my car put my exhaust on...

Also, any idea how much I should expect to pay for the install?

Thanks in advance.

-Ray-
02-05-2009, 08:06 AM
LOL
You know Charlie works for Midas right?
You have your tips picked out? Having 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipes as well? Or do you plan to have them cut off the old stuff and weld it to your Corsa's. I'm asking all this is because I have a set of Red dB's right now, and looking for a tip that fits this application.
IMHO, the Corsa Red dB is too large of a muffler.

foreosu
02-05-2009, 08:17 AM
HAHA! No I didn't know Charlie worked for Midas. Well, nice knowin all of ya!

Sorry Charlie!!

I know absolutely nothing about the details of making this exhaust mod work. I was originally thinking about going with the Black dBs, but the more I think about it, I may want a little quieter sound at idle and low revs (i.e. the Red mufflers). Do you have them on your car now? If so, how do they sound compared to this clip of the Blacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp36pYAvPHE

Anything else I should be aware of when I take this stuff to the exhaust shop?

-Ray-
02-05-2009, 09:14 AM
The stock exhaust is 2 1/4" diameter. I suggest you go to 2 1/2", which the Corsa is. The stock tips are also 2 1/4" and too large for the universal Corsa. There have been a couple people (including me) who cut the stock mufflers to use the tips and flanges from the stock muff's. I regret doing this to the Magnaflo's I bought.
I have since bought stock mufflers and have the magnaflos cut apart agian.
So, you need 2 flanges, plus the radius bends, plud the mufflers and tips. If you still have the stock exhaust system, most of the drone should be taken care of, although, you may still have some.

I'm working with a local muffler shop in town to weld up and see some axle back mufflers. We have a jig made but have had some issues with sourcing some parts. We hope to have this up and running in a couple weeks.
I'm still searching for tips that will work with the Corsa's I bought, so they are not on a car at the moment.
If you have followed along, you know my G8 is down for the Winter. I plan on using another members G8 to test our axle backs.

GRRRR8
02-05-2009, 09:30 AM
HAHA! No I didn't know Charlie worked for Midas. Well, nice knowin all of ya!

Sorry Charlie!!

I know absolutely nothing about the details of making this exhaust mod work. I was originally thinking about going with the Black dBs, but the more I think about it, I may want a little quieter sound at idle and low revs (i.e. the Red mufflers). Do you have them on your car now? If so, how do they sound compared to this clip of the Blacks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp36pYAvPHE

Anything else I should be aware of when I take this stuff to the exhaust shop?

LOL! No BAN for you. I understand what you are saying for sure! This one is a bit different, but since I dont have a highly skilled fabricator, I sell more direct fit performance exhausts then anything. As far as all the G8 stuff I do that myself so I know its perfect.

third_shift|studios
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Tracy Scott is the leading LSx tuner in this area. It's a shame his shop closed up b/c of a bad deal with his x partner. but he still runs shit out of his home in Middletown. If anyone wants his contact info, i'll be glad to PM it