PDA

View Full Version : Need advice...dyno run...please watch

JAWDRPNG8
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Can someone please view my Dyno run...is it me...or am I running super rich?? on WOT I think the far right graph shows Af....and it dives under 10 pretty fast..my tuner who is well know in the area ..and had hundreds of tunes...took a break from his hetic shop schedule..I NEED some advice.and place in northern cali to tune!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SN47KyMXUg
It was only a get together...dyno night...he was scheduling tunes later in the month...I didnt have time..to ask the right questions..he did say .I DEF needed a tune..can anyone tell me what they see and why?? I have only added the Rotofab intake..and flowmasters super 40s out in back ...looks Like i Run really lean..than super rich??

-Ray-
02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Is this a baseline stock dyno run? It looked like it went to 10 and stayed there.

GRRRR8
02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
YES! You need a tune!

g8_795
02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Where did they place the WB O2 sensor? I have heard that if you place the sensor after the cats, it will show leaner condition which may mean you were even richer then 10.0....

A stock tune will command 11.8 AFR at 5700 and just gets richer from there. Commanded and actual may vary with mods. It may even vary a lot from stock. A CAI will make you run leaner, headers I believe will make you run richer.

Mike@NewEra
02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Yep, super rich, most likely COT coming on fattening it up there at the end. Every side style intake I have seen makes the stock tune run richer.

JAWDRPNG8
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Is this a baseline stock dyno run? It looked like it went to 10 and stayed there. THis was my first run ever, the ROtofab was already on it . SO it is MY baseline I guess you could say..

YES! You need a tune!
Man Do i KNow it!! I do not know of any shops around here that have experince with any G8..I am in Sacghettomento.. ( sacramento) Cali
This guy was in Fairfiled..ADVANCED DYNO...and had a huge Vette and GTO following..I think he took 2009 off until further notice so I am SOL for now...the VEctor Mail order tune is looking better and better...

Where did they place the WB O2 sensor? I have heard that if you place the sensor after the cats, it will show leaner condition which may mean you were even richer then 10.0....

A stock tune will command 11.8 AFR at 5700 and just gets richer from there. Commanded and actual may vary with mods. It may even vary a lot from stock. A CAI will make you run leaner, headers I believe will make you run richer. UM the WB sensor or whatever that is..Was not touched..its factory.only the cans out back where cut and flowmasters welded in.rest of exhaust is stock...

Yep, super rich, most likely COT coming on fattening it up there at the end. Every side style intake I have seen makes the stock tune run richer.
Soo I am guessing I am losing HP sumwhere by running rich...?
I dont know what COT is...I bought the rotofab for its supposedly 20 Hp outa the box..but Ya...I think my numbers suck on the dyno lol

ANd thanks to everyone for replying...! I am just trying to learn more..at this point! I am super broke lately but I willl not eat for 2 months to get the VEctor tune!

g8_795
02-05-2009, 02:18 AM
UM the WB sensor or whatever that is..Was not touched..its factory.only the cans out back where cut and flowmasters welded in.rest of exhaust is stock...

They had to put a WB sensor in some where for them to read the AFR's. Did they stick something in the read tailpipe when the car was on the dyno?

JAWDRPNG8
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
They had to put a WB sensor in some where for them to read the AFR's. Did they stick something in the read tailpipe when the car was on the dyno?

i duno

'02 ws6
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Tune will fix that.....or some nitrous! :woohoo:

Could be worse though lol. My TA is tuned but my stock fuel pump is maxed out and injectors are @96% DC, on my dyno it started hiking up past 13.5 towards 14 so we killed it early!

Mike@NewEra
02-07-2009, 07:46 AM
COT is Cat Over Temp, it is a feature in the PCM that increases fuel and timing when the MAF sensor sees an increase in airflow at WOT in the upper rpm range, it generally will over compensate on the fuel, it is supposed to keep the cat temperature down by not running too lean and increase the lifespan of it for warranty purposes. It basically detunes your car when you install an aftermarket intake. The side style intakes richen it up moreso than stock even before COT comes on, but COT makes it even worse.

13 QTR
02-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Tune will fix that.....or some nitrous! :woohoo:

Could be worse though lol. My TA is tuned but my stock fuel pump is maxed out and injectors are @96% DC, on my dyno it started hiking up past 13.5 towards 14 so we killed it early!
hmm...is that high for a n/a car?? On my last dyno..I was 13.8 to 14.1. I did some custom work on it. I e-mailed the run files to Vector...to see about getting it corrected..
But..I did gain 2whp and 5wtq...I also think it was pulling timing...the graph was choppy past...4500rpms.

'02 ws6
02-21-2009, 02:39 PM
^ @ 5500 when car makes most power @ 6400 w/ injector DC 96%...yea it was a problem

Mike@NewEra
02-21-2009, 02:47 PM
it was so rich the injector duty cycle was 96percent? I'm surprised that it didn't break being that rich?
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105