PDA

View Full Version : LT Headers ONLY

elbison
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I kind of like the sound that this guy's car makes with just headers (no other exhaust mods).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rkd2LZfMoQ

=================================================

I'm probably being a little greedy with HP, but I think we might be able to get to 360+rwhp with Cortex (the 93 octane tune to come), VaraRam (if it's the best as promised) and LT headers. Pretty good for the wife's car, with very little headache.

:grrrr8:

And, a simple 5 min. Cortex reset to stock should make dealer warranty work fully covered......I can't imagine them caring if you put new headers on. They're just metal pipes.

One problem, I heard LT headers will throw trouble codes. I wonder if the Cortex messes with enough tables to help compensate for this O2 sensor temperature difference and can somehow leverage the new found flow for more HP (without a check engine light)?

I guess the headers would throw a code when I set the Cortex back to stock anyway.

:space:

GeorgeInNePa
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
The ARH headers in that video include the LTs, high flow cats, an X-Pipe, and pipes that remove the mid-muffler and bullet resonators. It keeps the stock mufflers (axle backs).

GRRRR8
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
For exhaust mods I think by far this is the best bang for the buck. The HP gain, great sound, no drone, its very hard to beat. Noise alone does not make a car go fast.

'02 ws6
02-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Exact setup I'm going with! Silent but deadly.......uhhh oops! Lol
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Chewy
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
OK guys... Does Cortex have a custom tune for LTH and high flow cats?

If they don't you will get a CEL in no time. I'd go with VMS. Kirk can set you up with a stealth tune.

Tom@ARH
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Your gonna need a tune to deal with the cat codes. If you have any questions about our product or anything I can help you with shoot me a PM