PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXI 2.5L

UGotSmkd
02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Charlie, I have a red oil pressure/temp light (not sure if that is what it is called) that comes on when its cold out and am idle at a light or traffic. I checked the oil level and it was low, so I added 2 quarts and it still does it. Sometimes when it comes on, it flashes and cuts off. When I accelerate, it does not come on at all. Any idea what it could be.

GRRRR8
02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Those cars are known for oil pump issues! Drop it off Sat morning and let me do a oil pressure test cold/hot.

UGotSmkd
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks, If you have time, I may need to have a few other things checked out.

UGotSmkd
04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Well I am running into the same problem.....again. The oil leaks are starting to worry me. The dipstick was showing in between add and full, so I am wondering if I may have some other issue rather than the oil pump.

GRRRR8
04-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Have you started the new job yet? Maybe drop it off with me and I will check it out and let you know what its going to take to get rid of the leaks and the light.

UGotSmkd
04-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Have you started the new job yet? Maybe drop it off with me and I will check it out and let you know what its going to take to get rid of the leaks and the light.

Yes I started last Monday, so if anything I would probably have to drop it off Tuesday after 4 pm or Friday after 3 pm. I would drop it off next Saturday, but I have to drop the Mustang off to get the transmission swapped out for the sale. I will PM you when I have more details.