PDA

View Full Version : My dealer finally has a silver GXP!!

99-LS1-SS
02-03-2009, 04:11 AM
It looks like I might actually be getting the GXP in the next few days! They finally got a silver GXP with the manual transmission and the black interior with the sunroof. I'll be calling them the minute they open. The sucky part is that I'm going to Disney with my family this coming Saturday. I hope the car comes in before then. I'm going to buy it before I leave if I can.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now ya'll can finally stop listening to me whine about getting my car. :spank:

SRG963
02-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Congratulations!

N2G8GXP
02-03-2009, 04:50 AM
It looks like I might actually be getting the GXP in the next few days! They finally got a silver GXP with the manual transmission and the black interior with the sunroof. I'll be calling them the minute they open. The sucky part is that I'm going to Disney with my family this coming Saturday. I hope the car comes in before then. I'm going to buy it before I leave if I can.

Good luck and finally for you! Hope it works out ask the dealer if he can give the truck drive the VIN# and put a rush on the delivery! Worked for me enjoy disney! We took our G8 GXP out this Sunday and drove on a curvy mountainous road, man the way that baby handles is awesome.

Slizzo
02-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Congrats!

Just make sure you put a good "hold/down payment" on the car and I'm sure they'll let it stick around long enough for you to pick it up.

foreosu
02-03-2009, 05:40 AM
CONGRATS!! Its been a damn long time comin! But it'll be worth it. Hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated.

GRRRR8
02-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Congrats! It looks like 4GASEM holds the record still! lol

johnh
02-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Hope you get it quick.

And we want pics or better yet some nice vids!

foreosu
02-03-2009, 06:10 AM
+1 on the vids!

99-LS1-SS
02-03-2009, 06:20 AM
We're planning on buying an HD video camera before we go with Disney.

jnak
02-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Congrats!

GXPaycheck
02-03-2009, 09:42 AM

Which dealer? I stopped at Hendrick in Cary and they were talking another week or so.

Chewy
02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Congrats! It looks like 4GASEM holds the record still! lol

Agreed! I was MUCH more annoying for MUCH longer... :nah:

Hope you get it!

Chris

TheTugBoat
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Holy shit finally! lol, honestly i thought you might be waiting till spring.

So what happened with the call?

Kermit
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Congrats, now lets just cross our fingers that it has your name all over it before you take off to Disney land.

wwg8
02-03-2009, 10:41 AM
LS,

I'd love to see it. Give me shout when you can. I could meet you somewhere.

Have fun at Disney! Kick that vertical mouse in the shins for me---j/k! You can park at the Polynesian or Boardwalk for free. If Polynesian, just say you are there to eat.

Zach

SRG963
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Remember the "Break In Procedures" LOL

Full Throttle Feels and Sounds So Good!

99-LS1-SS
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Which dealer? I stopped at Hendrick in Cary and they were talking another week or so.
I'm going through Hendrick. They told me that a few people put money down back in October (I was the first) so I'm not sure if they'll have what you want. Here is a link to all of the GXP's within 50 miles of Hendrick.
http://www.pontiac.com/locateVehicle.do?year=2009&make=002&modelDesignator=2EP69&modelId=18103&gmModelId=&modelName=G8&pvc=208&styleId=308408&searchType=0&postalCode=27511&proximity=50&searchCity=&searchState=&VIN=&vendorId=&orderNumber=&multiVendorIds=&maximumCount=100

Agreed! I was MUCH more annoying for MUCH longer... :nah:

Probably a few people that would disagree on the "other" board.

Holy shit finally! lol, honestly i thought you might be waiting till spring.

So what happened with the call?
I talked to them this morning and gave them a copy of my drivers license and insurance card. They told me that that one is officially tagged for me and marked sold in the computer now. I hope they stick to it.

Congrats, now lets just cross our fingers that it has your name all over it before you take off to Disney land.
Unfortunately, it will probably be after I get back from Disney. The sales manager said it usually takes right at 2 weeks from the time they show in the computer to when the truck delivers them to the lot. At least I'll have Disney to take my mind off of it for a week.

99-LS1-SS
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Remember the "Break In Procedures" LOL

Full Throttle Feels and Sounds So Good!

It will be a fun 1 1/2 hour drive back home! :)

SRG963
02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

SRG963
02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
What the hell just happened to the site?
Is anyone elses site a weird list now or did I hit a wrong button?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

SRG963
02-03-2009, 11:26 AM
woW, That was screwy, had to click on something at the top to get back to this look.

WEIRD

99-LS1-SS
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Steve is checking out different layouts.

R.Penguin
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh, you dog! You finally get your GXP and I don't even have a GT!!!!:nah:

CONGRATS!:woohoo:

SRG963
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
GRRRR8.net - Pontiac G8 and Camaro Forum Mobile = Not a good look! lol

TheTugBoat
02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
lol obviously not on a computer but it helps on your crackberry to have the mobile option.

1. If the dealer sells your car before you get back i say firebomb the place.
2. You know damn well the only thing you'll be thinking of at disney is getting your GXP.

Haha, have fun, you're daughter won't be able to stop being excited

kevinm0131
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
LS
Congrats...but I'm soooooooo jealous. My SRM, Auto, Sunroof isn't showing up yet.
As if I need to say this, but, you have to tell us all about it!

kevin:bm:

Eidolon
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Congrats, man! Any incentives to help get the price down, or is price no object in this case? ;)

And yeah, I'm asking so I know what they're giving to other buyers. :brock:

GXPaycheck
02-04-2009, 06:40 AM
When ya pick it up, I will be happy to come over with my Adam's stuff and help ya get her cleaned up! My DA needs the practice :woohoo:

99-LS1-SS
02-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Congrats, man! Any incentives to help get the price down, or is price no object in this case? ;)

And yeah, I'm asking so I know what they're giving to other buyers. :brock:

Money IS an object. I'm not to that point yet. I am currently trying to decide if 0% for 5 years or $3000 cash back is better. I'm getting supplier pricing regardless.

-Ray-
02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Money IS an object. I'm not to that point yet. I am currently trying to decide if 0% for 5 years or $3000 cash back is better. I'm getting supplier pricing regardless.

There are calculators on the web you can use to see which way is better. You need to know the length of the loan for correct numbers.

xfactor
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
If you are borrowing more that $23k (@4.9%) then you are better off taking the 0% interest. Heck, even if you are not still get a loan for the max amount you can as you should be making 4-6% on your money in the bank so you would make money off of the loan instead of lossing money. Make since?

nosbusa1500
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM

Just curious, you don't happen to have another auto financed with GM do you?

The reason why I ask is because a friend of mine went to buy a GT a couple of months ago and already had one auto financed with GM (8k balance, 15 months left) and it was an automatic turn down with GM. The guy and his wife both make great money well over 100k and have have no other debt except his SUV financed with GM.

He ended up going with his bank. Maybe GM has loosened up a bit, but it's a bit strange they wouldn't finance a second vehicle for this person. I guess it didn't matter to GM that this guy had a very high credit score, 10k down and no other debt.

Hopefully, this was an isolated incident. But if anyone has a auto financed with GM and tries to finance another one and is turned down by GM. You're not alone.

99-LS1-SS
02-05-2009, 01:49 AM
If you are borrowing more that $23k (@4.9%) then you are better off taking the 0% interest. Heck, even if you are not still get a loan for the max amount you can as you should be making 4-6% on your money in the bank so you would make money off of the loan instead of lossing money. Make since?
I'm estimating borrowing around $26K.

No, our Tahoe is through Chase and it should be paid off within the next two months.

insainiac
02-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Something isn't right .....
They shouldn't have turned them down just because they already had one vehicle financed with them.....I actually have three that have all been purchased in the last year....we bought the G8 GT in May of last year and had no problem....we had purchased a 08 Chevy LTZ Crew Cab (loaded and them some)in January of last year and then in February bought the daughter and 08 G5 GT ...so the G8 was after both of those. :confused:

The reason why I ask is because a friend of mine went to buy a GT a couple of months ago and already had one auto financed with GM (8k balance, 15 months left) and it was an automatic turn down with GM. The guy and his wife both make great money well over 100k and have have no other debt except his SUV financed with GM.

He ended up going with his bank. Maybe GM has loosened up a bit, but it's a bit strange they wouldn't finance a second vehicle for this person. I guess it didn't matter to GM that this guy had a very high credit score, 10k down and no other debt.

Hopefully, this was an isolated incident. But if anyone has a auto financed with GM and tries to finance another one and is turned down by GM. You're not alone.

nosbusa1500
02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Something isn't right .....
They shouldn't have turned them down just because they already had one vehicle financed with them.....I actually have three that have all been purchased in the last year....we bought the G8 GT in May of last year and had no problem....we had purchased a 08 Chevy LTZ Crew Cab (loaded and them some)in January of last year and then in February bought the daughter and 08 G5 GT ...so the G8 was after both of those. :confused:

That's what I thought as well. I asked him again "today" about it. He said that on the automatic response it was a turndown. GM was the only one out of many lenders they sent it to that turned him down.

He went on to say that the finance lady said she could call in and GM would likely buy it, but he said don't bother. His bank was one of the many lenders the dealer ran it through. So he went with them. He does have two-three payouts with GM over the last 6-7 years.

Who knows it's all pretty odd. Maybe it just wasn't his or GM's day.