PDA

View Full Version : Cls 55 amg

the_marquis78
02-02-2009, 07:24 AM
I pulled up to a stoplight tonight and there were 3 lanes, me on the inside lane and the Benz on the outside lane so there was one in between. I looked over and saw and inched forward a bit to get a better look. Then I saw him inching forward and I knew it was on like Donkey Kong. I got a good launch; I could hear he had a little wheelspin but I had it the whole time. He gave up around 55 or 60 mph which is pretty weak but I had won at 30 mph.

It felt good because that was my first true victory after a couple of disappointing defeats. At the next stoplight, he got in the turn lane and accelerated away really fast...I hope that made him feel better.

Chewy
02-02-2009, 07:30 AM
I pulled up to a stoplight tonight and there were 3 lanes, me on the inside lane and the Benz on the outside lane so there was one in between. I looked over and saw and inched forward a bit to get a better look. Then I saw him inching forward and I knew it was on like Donkey Kong. I got a good launch; I could hear he had a little wheelspin but I had it the whole time. He gave up around 55 or 60 mph which is pretty weak but I had won at 30 mph.

It felt good because that was my first true victory after a couple of disappointing defeats. At the next stoplight, he got in the turn lane and accelerated away really fast...I hope that made him feel better.

Cool!

By your avatar it looks like you have taken deliver of your axle backs???

Good kill!

Chris

Blackdevil77
02-02-2009, 09:02 AM
*12rwhp (golf carts beat me)

lol what the hell????

09PBMGT
02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
U had him after 30 mph..... and he let off at around 55 or 60. Not to burst your bubble...... I'm sorry man, but that is not a race. Keep trying though, with those mods, you'll give some a spankin' in the near future!

CanadianEh
02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
sounds like a benz driver who does not know how to launch his car! good kill even though it was a quick one

the_marquis78
02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Cool!

By your avatar it looks like you have taken deliver of your axle backs???

Good kill!

Chris

Actually that pic is of the 1st gen axelbacks. I have the 2nd gens installed though...I should probably update my signature.

U had him after 30 mph..... and he let off at around 55 or 60. Not to burst your bubble...... I'm sorry man, but that is not a race. Keep trying though, with those mods, you'll give some a spankin' in the near future!

I can clarify. By "I had him" I mean that I was up half a car length and beginning to pull away. It's not like the Benz is turbocharged or something and is all of the sudden going to have a lot of midrange power so it would stand to reason that if I'm pulling away at 30 & 60 mph I would probably be even farther away by 90 or 100. Isn't that reasonable?

Is there some definition of a race somewhere that I haven't been privy to? If so, by all means enlighten me

UGotSmkd
02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
The E55 AMG's are the ones to watch out for.

todds87ss
02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Is there some definition of a race somewhere that I haven't been privy to? If so, by all means enlighten me

I will try to take a stab at this one (if you promise to not get offended)

Race: 2 morons eye each other at a stop light, one of whom is usually outmatched but lets his testosterone convince him that he has a shot. The light goes green, as Moron #1 gets out in front. Moron #2 sees he is being beaten handily, and decides to turn it into a race of wills, whereby the last one to release the gas pedal wins. Moron #1 sees he has beaten Moron #2 by whatever yardstick he decides is the finish line, and begins to slow. Moron #2 then continues to accelerate by Moron #1 in order to claim his own victory. Both Morons retire to thier respective websites to brag about thier kills.

I have been Moron 1 before...I hate Moron #2!:)
Morale of the story...race at the track. There is always a clear winner and loser. Anything else is not a race, just a test of wills. (I now step down fron the soapbox...)

todds87ss
02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry, I just realized that this is the street racing section...shame on me!

jbradsh1
02-09-2009, 04:46 AM
I will try to take a stab at this one (if you promise to not get offended)

Morale of the story...race at the track. There is always a clear winner and loser. Anything else is not a race, just a test of wills. (I now step down fron the soapbox...)

Not necessarily: some people think that even though you crossed the finish line first (at the track) you still didn't win cause your e.t. was slightly slower and they weren't personally there to witness it LOL!

By the way, that is the funniest post I've ever read. I laughed myself silly on it.

jbradsh1
02-09-2009, 05:08 AM
Sorry, I just realized that this is the street racing section...shame on me!

I don't care where you post, you're that funny!