PDA

View Full Version : G8 GT to a Chevy dealer for warranty work?

elbison
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Ok, so I've been a two brand guy all my life....Chevy and Ford.

Lately, it's been all Chevrolets for my new car purchases.

=========================

I have the 55-65mph vibration in my wife's new 2009 G8 GT prem./sport (white hot).

I may also have a warped tire (not the cause of the vibration).

I'd also like to see about that "slow shifting" TCM/ECM update, although I'm not sure my car has that problem (made August '08).

=========================

Anyway, I live in Pearland, TX (Houston area) and am not too fond of the dealer I bought the G8 from (Guzman), and not too fond of Beck & Masten. This leaves me Ron Carter as my next choice in Pontiac service.

Strickland Chevrolet in Pearland has always been very good to us, so I'd like to use them for warranty work if possible / IF they know what they are doing on Pontiacs.

Is that even possible? :nud:

KaiserM715
01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I had my G8 to Ron Carter for the TCM update and they were great. But, I have no idea if a Chevrolet dealer can do warranty work on a Pontiac...

incon3037r
01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
A Chevy dealer can do work on your Pontiac. Here in Vegas I go to Findlay Chevrolet for all of my work. One because I know the owner and two I dont really trust Desert Pontiac.

lsp408
01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
it depends on dealer. the chevy dealer closed to me don't working on other brands unless they sold it.

but with the way economy right now, i said dealer will do whatever to get business.

p71
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
your chevy dealer is going to get his dick slapped if he gets caught doing that... goodwrench is goodwrench... hell if your car breaks down you get towed to the nearest gm dealer not the nearest pontiac dealer.

Darkside
02-01-2009, 05:53 AM
I get all my work on all GM cars I've owned at Chevy.

BlueJacket
02-01-2009, 07:25 AM
You should have no problems unless the dealer is a POS.

elbison
02-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks!

elbison
02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Chevy dealer said no. It's off to Ron Carter in Alvin then.

Cliffy
02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Its up to the dealers area vehicle manager(factory rep). I work at a Cadillac dealer in Toledo, Ohio, we were a cross line dealer wich meant we could warranty anything exept
Saab, we got a new AVM and now we cannot crossline warranty unless we sold it used. sucks.

Mav
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
It's not up to the dealer or the rep (to the poster above, its District Service Manager, not Area Vehicle Manager). It is federal franchise law and the gov't requires that pontiacs be worked on by pontiac dealers. If the dealer does it for you, thats fine and dandy, but he will be scolded by the manufacturer and he wont be reimbursed by the manufacturer for that warranty work. (So chances are he wont take your vehicle in the future after getting slapped on the wrist.)

The only time this doesnt apply is if you bought your vehicle used from the chevy dealers lot.

JoeSyko
02-04-2009, 02:34 PM
There's a Chevy dealer here in SoCal along the 10 fwy (Mark Christopher i think) that has a large banner AND advertises on their big Diamond Vision screen that they are now servicing GMC, Pontiac & another GM brand (Buick i think). It may be part of the consolidation we've been hearing about. I think there's a good possibility that we may be seeing more & more of this.

-Ray-
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
There's a Chevy dealer here in SoCal along the 10 fwy (Mark Christopher i think) that has a large banner AND advertises on their big Diamond Vision screen that they are now servicing GMC, Pontiac & another GM brand (Buick i think). It may be part of the consolidation we've been hearing about. I think there's a good possibility that we may be seeing more & more of this.

Mark Christopher is a huge dealership. I drove a Corvette from One day auto body on Grand in Covina to that dealership. What a blast!

G8GXP4now
02-25-2009, 10:08 AM
and not too fond of Beck & Masten

Care to elaborate on this?

Also, Gay pontiac is not too far away either.