PDA

View Full Version : 3M HAF Custom Cabin Air Filters

09SmurfGT
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
So after being thoroughly frustrated with the cost and lack of available cabin filters for the car I started looking at custom applications. I found some k&n filters that can be cleaned but dont really do anything for filtration other than large dust and dirt particles... not to mention they are oiled. But looking at 3M's website I found that for their antimicrobial High air flow filters can be made to any shape within very tight tolerances. These filters would have a higher filtration than stock, not grow mildew or anything like that and be much more easily attainable. If I were to go forth with sending them some measurements and getting prices this may help mitigate the wix 65 $ cost or the limited quantity microgard filters. Would there be any interest from forum members for something like this? And mods I apologize if any rules were broken but this seemed like a good thing for all members.

Bill Brollier
12-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I stocked-up at G.O.N.E. 2012 from the supply of OEM Filters that Crazy Paul sent over.......but what ever wets your whistle........I like OEM parts (when possible) from my long time friends.

Chewy
12-20-2012, 04:06 PM
I stocked-up at G.O.N.E. 2012 from the supply of OEM Filters that Crazy Paul sent over.......but what ever wets your whistle........I like OEM parts (when possible) from my long time friends.

Ditto!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Crazy Paul
12-20-2012, 04:08 PM
So after being thoroughly frustrated with the cost and lack of available cabin filters for the car I started looking at custom applications.

Forum members here have been able to purchase genuine GM cabin filters for US$33ea shipped to their door for the past 15 months.
In that time there haven't been any stock shortages at the distribution point in Indiana. For around the same cost on average, dozens of bulk genuine GM filters have also been shipped to members in Canada and UK.
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=29307

09SmurfGT
12-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Well there it is haha. Guess I was looking in all the wrong places.

TailG8er
12-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I am interested if the cost compares to the OEM one from Paul!

-Ray-
12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I have shipped well over 100 filters from home. Never a complaint from a single person. I have plenty of stock.

09SmurfGT
12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
This was an alternative idea to help out. Not a blast to Crazy Paul or anyone else.

-Ray-
12-20-2012, 05:00 PM
No drama.