PDA

View Full Version : had a question about warranty

efraingbnl
12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
what mods can u do that wont void ur warrenty

WickedMom
12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
none. Eveything can technically void a portion of your warranty. Typically, things that do not affect anything will not void your warranty but are also not worth any money.

Chewy
12-19-2012, 10:03 AM
By law, they have to prove that what you did caused the part to fail. Cat back and CAI are usually pretty looked over these days.

Bob the Noob
12-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Pretty much anything that requires you to "break the seal" on the engine or trans, be it hardware or software.

efraingbnl
12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
thanks for the info

travis gore
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
the best thing to do is talk to the service manager,to see how "mod friendly" they are.

tchr49
12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
the best thing to do is talk to the service manager,to see how "mod friendly" they are.

I was in a local Chevy dealership on a delivery today. Was talking with a buddy who runs the body shop and the service manager walked in. Showed him an under hood pic of the Maggie and asked him if it voided my warranty, and he just laughed.
Is that good or bad?

barr1340
12-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Depends on how you look at it. If you love your warranty then bad. If you love how the Maggie turns her belts then DAMN GOOD!

Sent from my amazing iPhone4 using Tapatalk

travis gore
12-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I was in a local Chevy dealership on a delivery today. Was talking with a buddy who runs the body shop and the service manager walked in. Showed him an under hood pic of the Maggie and asked him if it voided my warranty, and he just laughed.
Is that good or bad?

Good he did not say no :)

EcoBrick Bob
12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
HA,,,HA..HA!!!!!

Just sayin.....

Bob the Noob
12-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Exactly the response I expect to get if I ever go back for warranty work... well, on the engine.

gr8lover
12-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Most of the warranty is up on the car anyway.... only thing left is the powertrain warranty so really not much too worry about there except for engine and trans :).... but playing odds the engine and trans is actually very robust and if you havent had problems yet, you probably wont.... always a chance.... I looked at it this way.... I could either have a crap load of fun and enoy the car or just be pretty happy with it.... and to wait till warranty is out is wasting years of my life.....

so if you play you pay........ but if you like the upside of it... then do it.....

I would say a cold air, exhaust, tune (by someone very reputable and tune thats removable), rear diff (they will never know :) ), would be good and still have warranty all good.... any more and your playing odds..... which is always fun and most of the guys that have had done pretty good....