PDA

View Full Version : Close encounter of the German kind

wreckwriter
08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
so I've dropped off my kids and am about 2/3 of the way home, I'm cruising north on the Turnpike at 80 or a bit more. Traffic was moderate but I was in between packs, not much around me and lots of road open in front of me. All of a sudden a white Porsche Carrera zooms up from behind in tucks in right next to me. I don't know squat about these things so can't tell you year or model beyond "Carrera" which was on the back.

I glance over at the guy, late 20s, kinda preppy looking guy, and without a nod or any other signal he flat takes off. I was a bit surprised, by the time I got my pedal to the floor he was at least 10 cars in front of me but he didn't any farther in front.

We ran for about a mile and the distance held as best as I could tell. Then we got back to traffic and slowed. He changed lanes and got off at the next exit.

I never even thought to look at my speedo. I had one eye on upcoming cars and one on the radar detector. I'm almost afraid to know how fast we were going but I know it was fast, really fast.

It was my first street encounter, sure was fun :)

GRRRR8
08-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Finally devirginized the car! A few more mods and that there German thing will be chasing you!

wreckwriter
08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Finally devirginized the car! A few more mods and that there German thing will be chasing you!

Nah, I devirginized her at the 1/8 mile track last week. Smoked 2 Chrysler Crossfire STR6 Superchargeds.

09GT
08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Feels good keeping up with a 50k+ car and you still got room for your buds/kids in the backseat! I'm going to have to hook up one of those cop cams to get some good kill videos. Too many people on the road underestimating our machines. Excellent story!:auto:

wreckwriter
08-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Feels good keeping up with a 50k+ car and you still got room for your buds/kids in the backseat! I'm going to have to hook up one of those cop cams to get some good kill videos. Too many people on the road underestimating our machines. Excellent story!:auto:

Thanks. Not really sure how fast those things are but I'm pretty sure he knew something about G8 due to the way he clearly picked me out when I was just cruising along. Probably he expected me to start fading into the distance at 140. Not this G8.