PDA

View Full Version : Not a TSB, water pouring in the rear door

Silver09GT
10-15-2012, 08:08 PM
I finally found where my door is leaking. Did the silicone fill up top,, then at the lower chrome windoow trim where the weatherstrip seals,, or didn't seal,, but water was still pouring in the door. Finally put the hose on just the window seal and it's leaking or pouring in where the lower window seal meets,,, or doesn't meet the rubber at the corners. Also around the pillar trim on the door. I swear I'm about ready to sell this thing. I want to put a nice set of speakers in the doors,, but it would be a waste the way the water is pouring in. I'm not sure how I can fix this unless they started making the rubber molding a little longer.

Does anyone else have a gap like this at their rear windows?

Holding a light in the rear door,, it is easy to see how large a gap there is at the outer pillar molding.

TopFig1
10-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Buy a set of foam baffles off Amazon and cut the ends off. This will keep the water off of your speakers.

Angel

J Wikoff
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
I've got similar gaps in mine. Though, I do figure water in the door is more or less impossible to stop.

99ssragtop
10-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Aren't the speakers protected by a cone thingy ? and would they not work for your new speakers. Oh and I have the same gap but no leaks, fingers crossed.

Panzer Leader
10-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I would take it to the Dealership. And while there may not be a TSB on this particular leak, there were others.

09g8fan
11-03-2012, 08:58 AM
There really is'nt a way to keep the water from entering the door, there are little holes at the bottom of the door to drain it. If you have water on your floor board then you might want to pull the door panel and reglue the moisture barrier behind the door panel itself. I would think even if you were able to get longer window seals you would still have a little bit of water getting in.

thebeast
11-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I know it was a problem on the camaros. There was a new rubber fix for they doors and they installed it for no charge.
May want to look into it for our car