PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Stilleto Vs Factory XM

WarpWhiteGT
01-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Just tried the factory XM Radio vs My Sirirus Stilleto. I was shocked to find out the factory XM radio sound like AM compared to the Stilleto. Same stations through the front jack. Night and Day sound quality. High are higher and lows lower and more full sound. I'm upset with low quality of the stock unit.

eliteautosport.net
01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
XM and Sirius are the same now.. and it sounds great in my car

sccaGTO
01-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Yeah, but the factory unit can't be programmed to alert you to when one of your favorite songs is coming on. That way you can catch it from the beginning instead of halfway through. :woohoo:

Slizzo
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Just tried the factory XM Radio vs My Sirirus Stilleto. I was shocked to find out the factory XM radio sound like AM compared to the Stilleto. Same stations through the front jack. Night and Day sound quality. High are higher and lows lower and more full sound. I'm upset with low quality of the stock unit.

Each "input type" must be tuned individually. i.e. AM, FM, Front Aux, CD, they all use separate equalizer settings, so you will have to play with this individually to get the best sound for you on your XM.

Otherwise, I would certainly think most separate XM/Sirius tuners would be better.