PDA

View Full Version : auto setting

djchubbs
01-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Has anyone noticed that when they have the heat setting on auto is only shows floor on the display, i am having problems with my window fogging on the highway so i have to keep switching it from auto to defrost i thought that is was supposed to swith automatically:ok:

-Ray-
01-28-2009, 04:44 AM
The auto is for temp control only. You still need to select where the air is directed.

J Wikoff
01-28-2009, 06:40 AM
I have to select defrost if I want it, but mine will switch between vents and floor depending on what it's doing.

bobyoung
01-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Those controls are complicated and backwards which doesn't help, but even when mine shows only floor on the screen it also comes out the sides and top a little and never fogs up, you don't have it on recirculate do you? It will fog up in 5 or 20 minutes unless there is outside air blowing in.

MANOFSTEEL69
01-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Every time I turn my defroster on the A/C comes on....Anyone else have this issue?

-Ray-
01-30-2009, 03:38 AM
Every time I turn my defroster on the A/C comes on....Anyone else have this issue?

It's common to all late model defrosters. When humidity is high, cool air is needed to defrost a windshield. Turn the heat up a little, and you can turn off the a/c and it will still work. By default the a/c comes on though.