PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Killing

jeppsG8
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure about other places, but here in the mountains people are all about their diesel trucks. Hell, even I drive a near 400HP/700FtLbs 2007 Duramax LBZ. We like to chip'em and damn! So it is always fun to run across a kid with his dad's Powerstroke who thinks he can put it on 'Black Smoke level 5' and beat anything on the road. There are already too many kills to list here, but like I said, around here it's kind of a big deal.

wreckwriter
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
There's some really fast diesel trucks here too.

G8GT721
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVq4FzYBrZ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVq4FzYBrZ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

G8GT594
01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
My cousin's Powerstroke is putting down around 500/800 and its lifted, i would list specs but i no nothing about lifted trucks but i have to get a running start to get in it LOL!

jnak
01-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Those diesels are torque monsters. They can be surprisingly fast.

bigwillys58
02-13-2009, 06:16 PM
its nothin to see a daily driven mid to low 12s durimax or cummins. built trannys and big turbos and pour on the fuel is all it takes to make a diesel fast. power strokes on the other hand... now thats a different story.:boxing: at times i do miss my diesel even though it was no where near one of the fastest...

p71
02-14-2009, 04:05 AM
smoke=your tuner sucked.

todds87ss
02-14-2009, 05:25 AM
I wonder why I never see one at the track...?

MANOFSTEEL69
02-14-2009, 07:14 AM
There's one around Toledo that's a daily driver and runs in the high 11's up at Milan. Sure takes the thunder out of our car
s watching a diesel duelly post those times lol.
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

PantherGTBlack
02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
smoke=your tuner sucked.

In some ways yes, but you're mostly wrong. Any diesel that you do tuning of any type is going to smoke until the turbo is able to catch up with enough boost to get the AF ratio right to clean up the smoke. Look at any pulling tractors, they dump ridiculous amounts of smoke because the engine is under load. That just how diesels operate, more fuel always means more power even if some of it comes out as smoke. To be king of power in the diesel realm you gotta do some smokin'.

The Commodore
02-14-2009, 11:48 AM
its nothin to see a daily driven mid to low 12s durimax or cummins. built trannys and big turbos and pour on the fuel is all it takes to make a diesel fast. power strokes on the other hand... now thats a different story.:boxing: at times i do miss my diesel even though it was no where near one of the fastest...

I don't know where your getting that thinking. The 6.0 Powerstrokes are crap. The 7.3s and 6.4s can be quite quick. There is a tuner out for the 6.4 that will give you a low 14 to high 13 with just the tune.

bigwillys58
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
In some ways yes, but you're mostly wrong. Any diesel that you do tuning of any type is going to smoke until the turbo is able to catch up with enough boost to get the AF ratio right to clean up the smoke. Look at any pulling tractors, they dump ridiculous amounts of smoke because the engine is under load. That just how diesels operate, more fuel always means more power even if some of it comes out as smoke. To be king of power in the diesel realm you gotta do some smokin'.

thanks for havin my back homie... mine would puff a little from an idle but bein it was such a sissy tune the smoke would clear right up once she started buildin boost

bigwillys58
02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't know where your getting that thinking. The 6.0 Powerstrokes are crap. The 7.3s and 6.4s can be quite quick. There is a tuner out for the 6.4 that will give you a low 14 to high 13 with just the tune.

actually the new 6.4s are crazy fast with a dpf delete and sct tuner... and yes the 6.0s are crap. didnt mean no harm man

jeppsG8
02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Only diesel I've owned is the one I've got and I won't ever get rid of it. 2007 Chevy 6.6 LBZ Duramax with Allison tranny. It is amazing. I pull a 12,000 lb - 36' trailer (tongue pull) and my Shabah Z212 (not at the same time). 6" lift with 35" on 20s. It is the most amazing truck I've every owned. An intake and Edge Attitude w/Juice and the thing rocks. Glad I didn't have to get rid of it to get the G8. So knowing what these things can do makes killing 'em all the better. :)

PantherGTBlack
02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
thanks for havin my back homie... mine would puff a little from an idle but bein it was such a sissy tune the smoke would clear right up once she started buildin boost

Oh you bet...I sold my crew cab LBZ in the midst of all the diesel shot up. Had a bullydog on extreme, mbrp cool duals with cat delete, egr block etc, etc. I miss my truck too man, BUT I get more girls with the G8. :devil:

The Commodore
02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
actually the new 6.4s are crazy fast with a dpf delete and sct tuner... and yes the 6.0s are crap. didnt mean no harm man

No harm done....just the Powerstrokes get a bad rap because of the whole 6.0 debacle. But that's over now as Ford has dropped Navistar from making it's diesels and will now be going to in house 6.7L turbo diesel.

Trust me, my dad and I dislike the 6.0s....they have been crapping on our company at around the same time....my father owns a paver-installment company. He stopped buying Powerstrokes and now buys Durimax.

bigwillys58
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh you bet...I sold my crew cab LBZ in the midst of all the diesel shot up. Had a bullydog on extreme, mbrp cool duals with cat delete, egr block etc, etc. I miss my truck too man, BUT I get more girls with the G8. :devil:
aint that the truth!!!

uh6tdrvr
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
If you have seen the "fastest" desiel, the TT banks truck, there is no smoke....so smoke doesnt mean power, it just means unburnt fuel.

bigwillys58
03-09-2009, 09:00 PM
If you have seen the "fastest" desiel, the TT banks truck, there is no smoke....so smoke doesnt mean power, it just means unburnt fuel.

that truck is eatin more nitrous than you can shake a stick at. just plain sick!!

check out this full bodied 9 second d-max
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/chevy/0903dp_2003_chevrolet_silverado_2500_hd/index.html

wow i just realized i kinda got off topic i think

GeorgeInNePa
03-09-2009, 09:10 PM

That smoke is causing a huge public relations problem.

Don't be surprised if you start seeing bigger crack-downs on diesels because of the guys with black clouds of noxious smoke billowing out of unmuffled pipes.

The "soccer moms" are starting to talk and complain.

The Commodore
03-09-2009, 10:22 PM
That smoke is causing a huge public relations problem.

Don't be surprised if you start seeing bigger crack-downs on diesels because of the guys with black clouds of noxious smoke billowing out of unmuffled pipes.

The "soccer moms" are starting to talk and complain.

LOL I saw a diesel run against a LS1 Camaro from a light. He put about two cars on the Camaro and the Camaro had to call it quits early because he could not see lol.

d_toll
03-10-2009, 04:39 PM
My lil bro has an F-250 7.3 thats pushing 400 hp and around 800 trq, it's a nice truck and is a real torque monster. I've got nothing but respect for the boys that like to blow smoke.

flomofo
03-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Anybody see the new diesal motors that ford and gm are working on for cars and light duty trucks?

The gm looks amazing.

Exhuast is in the valley with a variable turbo (sort of like a supercharger in the valley ofour car) and there is no intake manifold it just sucks air straight into the heads.

Supposedly can get about 30 or 35mpg in a truck and makes a good amount of horsepower as well as torque.

The Commodore
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Anybody see the new diesal motors that ford and gm are working on for cars and light duty trucks?

The gm looks amazing.

Exhuast is in the valley with a variable turbo (sort of like a supercharger in the valley ofour car) and there is no intake manifold it just sucks air straight into the heads.

Supposedly can get about 30 or 35mpg in a truck and makes a good amount of horsepower as well as torque.

Unfortunately GM just canned that diesel and from what I hear, so has Ford.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/11/gm-4-5l-light-duty-diesel-v8-indefinitely-postponed/

flomofo
03-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Ya they don't have money to put it out, but its pretty far along and says they want to still use it in future.

Hopefully when this mess is over I can get a pontiac firebird with it to replace my old g8 lol.