PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have drag tires I could borrow/rent?

Bob the Noob
10-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Hello,

I thought this might be worth a shot... Oct. 26th I'm going to Milan Dragway and seeing what Christine can do with her new Maggie. I'm kind of paranoid about only having crappy RSA's on her though and don't want to be that guy who loses traction going down the track and slides into a guardrail or the other car.

Does anyone around SE Michigan have a set of drag radials or slicks I could borrow/rent for the day? I'd be willing to pay for the use of them as some mileage will be lost off the treads. I'd buy a set but I'm tapped out for a few months :(

Thanks,

TailG8er
10-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I would like to be there to see you run and run my GXP also.

ULTRA Z
10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
If you were closer i would let you use my et streets

Bob the Noob
10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'd probly be able to buy some for how much I'd spend in gas getting them from you and getting them back to you. I appreciate the thought though :)

TailG8er
10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Have you checked craigslist? I have seen some on there in the past, for a good price too, wish I would have bought them.

wreckwriter
10-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Keep in mind if tire height changes your tune will need tweaked to keep your shift points right.

gr8lover
10-04-2012, 03:27 PM
congrats on your new soon to be setup!!!

Whats going on at milan on the 26th??? didnt know anything was scheduled that day..... Private Rental?....

I could probably loan you mine.... not sure if I am going to make any more runs this year... and if I do there should be some life left in them... I am planning on buying new ones for next yr...

I have MT drag radials... 295's... 17" wheels.... if you dont have rear brembos you should be good to go.. height is fairly close to stock hght... and that little bit probably wont hurt you at all...

I live just south of monroe and not too far from milan... send me your email address and we can talk...

chuck

TailG8er
10-04-2012, 03:42 PM
congrats on your new soon to be setup!!!

Whats going on at milan on the 26th??? didnt know anything was scheduled that day..... Private Rental?....

I could probably loan you mine.... not sure if I am going to make any more runs this year... and if I do there should be some life left in them... I am planning on buying new ones for next yr...

I have MT drag radials... 295's... 17" wheels.... if you dont have rear brembos you should be good to go.. height is fairly close to stock hght... and that little bit probably wont hurt you at all...

I live just south of monroe and not too far from milan... send me your email address and we can talk...

chuck

Nothing big planned for Milan, Bob the Noob posted he was planning a trip the 26th to test out his G8 with a maggie on it. That is two weeks after my next planned trip to the track, I figure every two weeks until it closes or we can't run due to weather. I have a few bolt ons that need to be installed and I would like to test each one if I can and going to the track is just fun. Bring yours.

Bob the Noob
10-05-2012, 04:25 AM
Livernois is renting the track for the afternoon/evening (4-9pm) for their customers to come out and play. I should have Christine back the 15th or 16th so I'll have a little time to adapt to her new power before hitting the track.

I'll PM you in a little bit Chuck, thanks!