PDA

View Full Version : 09 G8GT vs. 04 GTO

09PBMGT
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Scene...... Its about 1130 pm, Tucson, AZ, 85 degrees. I'm heading home from work. It seems like everytime I'm looking to have a little fun on my way home, nobody wants to play. Not this time! I pull up to the red light in the thrid lane. There is a crappy Camry in the middle lane and a black GTO in the first lane. The light turns green, but I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't seen me yet because of the car between us. He puts his foot down, so I decide to do the same (not floored... yet). He catches on pretty quick and I hear his quad-exhaust roar as he slams his foot down. I nail it and start walking away from him (3 cars when all said and done). He pulls up at the light and says, "Man, its dark out, I thought you were a BMW 5 series, then I noticed, that's a G8! Nice car". He gives me the thumbs up. He also made a nice excuse... "I had my traction control on". So I ask him if he's got a sec and we pull over and shoot the shit. Nice guy. It turns out he has the 5.7 liter (obviously), but the Borla quad exhaust threw me off (sounded sweet btw). He also had a Brute Force CAI, M6 and some nice rims. After talking for a few he said, I'm gonna have to get me one of those and kept saying, when he first saw me take of from the light he thought, "what kind of car is that and why can't I catch up". First kill of the summer. Good times!

-Ray-
08-17-2008, 04:13 AM
Good kill. A lot of these guys are learning about us and won't play anymore.

GRRRR8
08-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Nice kill. Most people have no idea of our cars potential. :woohoo:

09GT
08-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Very Nice. I know that before long the reputation of the G8's will be well known. Especially near where I live at least!