PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on rubberized undercoating

ohiog8
09-19-2012, 05:58 AM
I wasn't really sure which section to post this in, but I had a few ?s concerning rubberized undercoating.

I'll be driving the G8 through this winter and I was contemplating using rubberized coating for the undercarriage of the car. There are a few places around here that offer this, but I felt this may be a DIY project I could handle. I've never done this before and wanted to get an enthusiasts point of view, not some guy at a parts counter. I was wondering if this is worth the effort? I do live in an area where the roads do get salted. I am not sure what to spray/what not to spray (I would think any moving parts or parts that get very hot are a big no-no). It looks as if the car has been ran through winter before, so I'm not sure if I'm really being reactive rather than proactive at this point. Thoughts?

Chewy
09-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I did my F-150 in 1997 (which I still have) and as long as the surface is clean and free of rust, the rattle cans work OK.

That being said, I've driven mine every winter since getting it in October of 2008 and had ZERO issues. It looks pretty clean under there actually...

If you make sure to clean it right after driving it on snowy/salty roads, you'll help it A LOT.

Chris