PDA

View Full Version : Good Window Tinters in SE MI

TNTNT
01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
I am looking to get my windows tinted and was wondering if anybody from SE MI (specifically the Canton, Plymouth, Northville, Novi, Westland, Livonia area) had any recommended shops that they have had good luck with. Also, how does a good tinter handle the dots in the rear window at the top? I am new to tinting so any info I can get to help make sure I get a good install would be appreciated. Thanks.

elbison
02-01-2009, 08:51 AM
We just had ours tinted down here near Houston, TX. I had my wife handle it, as it is her car.

As far as the dots, I am once again unimpressed with the top of the back glass (happens on every car).

On my 2000 Mustang GT, the guy used some "sign vinyl" from the sign store next door back in 2001.

It looked VERY good. Maybe one of the vendors on here could make us a "G8 exact fit strip" of this stuff and sell it for $20? I'd buy it.

GTPprix
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
One of the top three tinters in the country is over here in Macomb at Dark Side (23 Mile Road and Hayes) He also carries the 3M (good stuff) as well ;) BTW where did you buy your G8?

Mike P
02-01-2009, 08:03 PM
One of the top three tinters in the country is over here in Macomb at Dark Side (23 Mile Road and Hayes) He also carries the 3M (good stuff) as well ;) BTW where did you buy your G8?

Chris: What is the name of the tinting place? If I get mine done I'd like to go there. Thanks! :)

G8GT594
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I got mine done by a guy that came up to Livernois while they were working on my car. Turned out great!

Other then that Ive taken all my other cars to notorious tintz. I believe they still used 3M.

Mike P
02-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I got mine done by a guy that came up to Livernois while they were working on my car. Turned out great!

Other then that Ive taken all my other cars to notorious tintz. I believe they still used 3M.

Sounds good Paul, thanks!

Hey, how is all that horsepower with the cam treating you? :)
Describe. Maybe a little story, please.
The subject of cams is now my passion. :)

GTPprix
02-02-2009, 03:46 AM
Chris: What is the name of the tinting place? If I get mine done I'd like to go there. Thanks! :)

Dark Side, owners name is Jason he tints alot of the GM Show/Photo Vehicles hes tinted pretty much every car I've ever owned.

Mike P
02-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Dark Side, owners name is Jason he tints alot of the GM Show/Photo Vehicles hes tinted pretty much every car I've ever owned.

Chris: Thanks again! This sounds good. I eventually would like to get a subltle tint job on my G8. Thanks! :)

TNTNT
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the info Chris. I will definitely check him out. It's been a long time since I talked to you. You still talk to Thom Dolson? I have to say I loved the tune you put in the TBSS back then. I hated to let it go, but the new toy is even more fun and this one is mine so I can do what I want to it. I got it at Red Holman. When I was looking they were the only ones that had a red one with the sport and premium package. Now I need to get the intake and tune for this thing. Hope all is well with you.

foreosu
02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Not SE Michigan, but I had mine done at a local Ziebart and am 100% pleased. I had it done in April and there is no visible sign of wear or poor quality. Love it.