PDA

View Full Version : I Changed the Dash Inlay and Added Something else.

deputycrawford
08-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Alright, I finally got pictures of the dash inlay but I also ordered the new key fob and Commodore Trunk badge from good ole Crazy Paul. I couldn't put the trunk badge on the trunk so I put on the dash, just like the older cars used to. I have to say I like it alot. Thanks again crazy Paul, my bank account has a hit out on you...lol Hope you all like.

Jerry

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o519/deputycrawford/IMG_1808.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o519/deputycrawford/IMG_1809.jpg

VegasNate
08-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Looks good!

deputycrawford
08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Thaks Vegasnate. I wnet to a car show today and a uy spent about an hour talking with me about my car. He loved it to death. He invited me to cars and coffee for exotic cars. I asekd him what he had. He told me his car was parked in the parking lot. It was a 2012 Aston Martin Vantage S roadster. He had a $130,000 + car and couldn't stop talkng about mine. Soooo cool. I love this car.

Jerry

matts88yj
08-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Looks great Jerry! Quick question, did you just pop off the Pontiac logo on that airbag and affix the Holden logo in its place?

Keep up the great work!

deputycrawford
08-20-2012, 05:18 AM
I was told the logo is part of the air bag seam. I just bought an original Holden airbag. Thanks for the kudos, I couldn't have done it without everyone's help here.

Jerry

LDM
08-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Looks great. :thumbsup: I think that Commodore badge looks perfect there.

TailG8er
08-20-2012, 12:41 PM
I was told the logo is part of the air bag seam. I just bought an original Holden airbag. Thanks for the kudos, I couldn't have done it without everyone's help here.

Jerry

I want to put a Holden Airbag in my GXP, where did you get it and how much? I already bought what i thought was one that would plug right in but did not. Ebay refunded my money because the seller did not represent his item well, he said it would fit a G8. Well it did but the electrical plugs on the back did not match up.

deputycrawford
08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Check with Crazy Paul for one, or you can try JHP.com.au. I've had mine since the car was new so the exchange rate is much different now. Don't know how much it will cost.

Jerry

Chewy
08-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Check with Crazy Paul for one, or you can try JHP.com.au. I've had mine since the car was new so the exchange rate is much different now. Don't know how much it will cost.

Jerry

Use CP... He's a HELL of a guy and much better to deal with than JHP IMO.

Crazy Paul
08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Use CP... He's a HELL of a guy and much better to deal with than JHP IMO.
Sorry guys, I'm not shipping Airbags. They're classed as "Dangerous Goods" and can't be flown anywhere if you have the conscience to fill out the shipping documentation accurately.

Chewy
08-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Sorry guys, I'm not shipping Airbags. They're classed as "Dangerous Goods" and can't be flown anywhere if you have the conscience to fill out the shipping documentation accurately.

Slow boat?

LDM
08-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I know of something else that could use a slow boat. :)

Crazy Paul
08-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Slow boat?
No shipping company I've found will do it if you tell them what it is. Properly done it gets put with explosives in special containers at mega expense.

I know of something else that could use a slow boat. :)
Yes I know. I've got to come up with something, the other arrangement fell thru.

norm8332
08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
On a boat? Thats funny, they'll sit directly in front of one every day, but not ship them.

LDM
08-21-2012, 11:55 AM
On a boat? Thats funny, they'll sit directly in front of one every day, but not ship them.

Therein lies the comedy of it all. It's not allowed to be in the back of a delivery truck, but it's perfectly ok a couple feet away from your face hooked up to an electrical source.

Yes I know. I've got to come up with something, the other arrangement fell thru.

I'm not too concerned. :cheers: