PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mat Tabs

Pontiac1
01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Has anyone else had issues with the floor mat tabs? I went to remove the driver's side mat to sweep of debri and the left tab broke off form the point it attaches to the floor. It doesn't look like an easy fix. Looks as if you would have to cut the carpet to insert a new tab. I may just leave it as it is. It's not noticable when the mat is down.

wreckwriter
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Whole rug has to be replaced. Big hassle.

norm8332
01-24-2009, 04:11 PM
You think Pontiac would have tried removing the mat. Your not the first to have this happen.

This is the first car I've had that had those, so if they break, no big loss.

I wouldn't take it to the dealer and have those clowns disassemble the interior of my car. They'll break a bunch of other stuff in the process...

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
I bought a set of 4 Michelin all weather mats at Walmart for $30. They fit good and they don't slide around at all.

stryker g8gt
01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Have the same issue, drivers side tabs are broke.......

SLVRG8GT
02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
My solution was crazy glue. :)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Ehhhh the stock floormats suck anyway. They look so cheap and get ugly when they have road salt on them.....

-Ray-
02-06-2009, 04:48 AM
I don't have any road salt on mine because my G8 is stored for the Winter.
Most people have complained about the tabs not lining up. Mine was the same way, but as the car aged, the matts settled down, and now everything is all good.

cobrakid
02-06-2009, 05:34 AM
both driver's side tabs broke within 3 days of ownership.
....and that was just from getting in and out, normal use.

shitty design !

-Ray-
02-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Your tabs broke just from getting in and out? I'm surprised by that.
I guess my G8 was built by someone who cared, because the only complaint I've had about my G8 was the wipers.

Mav
02-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Your tabs broke just from getting in and out? I'm surprised by that.
I guess my G8 was built by someone who cared, because the only complaint I've had about my G8 was the wipers.

Same here (knock on wood).

kjac081
02-07-2009, 03:34 AM
I had the same problem, both drivers side tabs broke. the car was a week old. dealer had to order the entire carpet section. The tech DID break a bunch of small trim items and those little plastic clips in the process, also scratched up a bunch of the center console peices adn left gouges in plastic parts where he obviously used a hard tool to pry things apart. The dealer did replace every panal in the car with new parts.
I had issues with them taking apart the whole interior, but after driving around for a week with the floor mat sliding around and getting jammed up under the pedals, I couldnt stand it.

So, it was a hassle, buts its good now.