PDA

View Full Version : Changing plugs w/ relocated heater hose........

msb7144
08-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Ok, so a while back I did the heater hose relo kit to fit some fuel rail covers. Now the issue is the hoses completly cover that side where I need to get to change the plugs. So does anyone have an easy solution fro getting to these plugs or am I gonna have to drain the radiator and disconnect the hoses at the motor for easy access to the plugs?

hartigan85
08-12-2012, 02:09 PM
When I did mine I left a little bit of slack in the hoses. Its a pain in the ass and usually takes me a a few minutes longer but I'm still able to get to #8 plug. If you can't really move the hoses over at all you might have to disconnect them or replace them with some longer ones.

GRRRR8
08-12-2012, 02:57 PM
The ones I have done if the customer has cut them on the short side, I remove them from the heater core to change the plugs. If you pinch them off you will have minimal coolant loss.

jzpiano
08-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I have this done and when I installed my headers getting to the passenger side was a pain but still doable I just had to hold the hose out of the way.

Sent from my EVO 3D

msb7144
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM
The ones I have done if the customer has cut them on the short side, I remove them from the heater core to change the plugs. If you pinch them off you will have minimal coolant loss.

How much would you say is "minimal? If I put a rag under the hoses at the heater core would it catch all that comes out or are we talking more than that?

-Ray-
08-13-2012, 02:44 AM
It isn't that difficult. I've even got my torque wrench in there.

msb7144
08-14-2012, 06:43 AM
After I take the fuel rail covers off it may be a bit tight on a couple of them but it looks like I will be able to remove them without removing the hoses. I guess I was not thinking that far ahead when I put the hoses on, lol......oops.