768MPH
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Ok,
Rotofab?: check
Xpipe?: check
GXP ABs?: check
Cortex tuner?: check
Satisfied with power?: .....it has come to that point now

I believe it's time for headers and HFCs with dyno tune from VMS, Pat G, Livernois (haven't decided yet)

But the main question is, how is the best way to ask my dealer if headers would void my warranty??

WoodburyMan
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM
how is the best way to ask my dealer if headers would void my warranty??

You don't.

Basically, the way warranty works, is if there's a problem with something that is covered under warranty, it is covered unless they can specifically state the headers caused the problem, and they'd have to prove it. If they can't, it's covered. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act basically states that. If the dealer tries to tell you otherwise mention the Magnuson act. You still have warranty no matter what. (As long as its within time Just they wont cover anything that breaks caused by modification.

GXPaycheck
08-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Problem is the dealer can avoid the warranty issue by refusing to even look at the car. Already had that happen. Once they look at it, the law applies.

Shredmo
08-12-2012, 11:47 AM
FTW (f' the warranty) is my opinion. Then again, all my mods are currently reversible & add little extra wear and tear to the drive train/motor. If i were to go to headers, I'd probably do a cam and stall for tune's sake. Also, IMO, once you do that you not only void the warranty, but remove the major parts (dod) that would cause a failure that requires needing a warranty. I also feel that if you want to keep a G8 for a long time, the dod has to go. Such a liability.

Zodiac
08-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I haven't had any problems with my headers at the dealer, again they have to prove it caused the issue. Some dealers are bigger dicks than others. Best of luck.

768MPH
08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Well crap, the only warranty work that has been done to this car was the airbags and most recently the rear main.
And I've already heard the lifters sound off one morning.
Only 27K on the clock. :-/

Guess I'll have to just wait....?

Not sure what else I could do to get more power besides adding an HSRK

DavesG8GT
08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
I put a cam in mine at 12,400 miles LMAO! The lifters are the biggest drivetrain trouble point in these cars as I'm sure many have told you. If I were you, if the lifters make any noise now, just go ahead and bite the bullet and put a nice cam in it. ;). Oh and go Pat G. For the tune the first time.

BLKG8
08-12-2012, 01:55 PM
My friends at the dealer have no problem with mods.

WoodburyMan
08-12-2012, 02:50 PM
It's all about the dealer. The local Chevy dealer, we know everyone there. Been going to them for our entire family and my Dad's business' vehicles for like 40+ years. GTO and my G6 they didn't care about anything. Just one time on my G6 a wire got worn and cut through shielding and grounded to metal intake Pipe I had to close to the wire, they actually worked with me and covered the wire but i paid for labor even though they shouldn't have covered it. Even on my G6 paint peeled off a wheel just after warranty and they got me a whole new wheel.

BLKG8
08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
^^^ Yup....

GXPaycheck
08-12-2012, 07:23 PM
The one dealer I have gone to that does good work doesn't like mods. The one that will work with me f**d it up. Go figure.

WoodburyMan
08-12-2012, 09:27 PM
The one dealer I have gone to that does good work doesn't like mods. The one that will work with me f**d it up. Go figure.

Funny. Same dealer I just talked about, onetime after replacing ignition wiring for back 3 cylinders on my G6 that got chewed by a chipmunk or mouse, had to take intake manifold to get at the wires. To do that they had to disconnect coolant return line to reservoir. When said intake manifold was put back on, hose was reconnected to reservoir, however clamp that held it on was in middle of hose restricting flow. Either because of pressure build up or just plain being loose, I lost all my coolant on the highway 50+ mi from home on the highway before I noticed the car starting to overheat and dash on it informed me low coolant. They did make it right by paying for tow, inspected engine for any possible damage, replacement coolant, and oil change and did apologize.

Bob the Noob
08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I had mine in for airbag fault on the DIC and to get the airbag recall done recently. Not a peep out of them about regarding the mods in my sig... Well, I flashed the tune back to stock of course... :shutup:

Blanky
08-15-2012, 05:47 PM
tvs1900 so you can remove it before you go in for work... win win