PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Pedders Street II suspension

BW G8GT
01-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Hello All,

I plan on getting the Pedders Street II with drop around March. If someone who's had it done is willing to share their thoughts or feelings on product please do.

A couple of questions:

Does car ride or handle better?

How long did install take?

-Ray-
01-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Do a search. Ed has a track II and I don't think anyone is better at explaining the Pedders experience better than him.
Check the suspension forum.

Here is one of his reviews. He has more, believe me.
http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=577

BW G8GT
01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks Ray

Toolboxx
03-16-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry I can't speak in technical terms about the pedders suspension but all I know is that it is the best handling car I've ever owned for its weight. I used to own BMW 3 series with a small drop and suspension done to it. This g8 blows my BMW away and handles awesome, knowing that you can hit corners at a high rate of speed is a real confidence booster. Hope this helps.

-Ray-
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
I have the Street II but Ed is still better at explainin than me.

jbradsh1
03-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Anyone care to do a write up on the coil-overs? With Motorcycles, I used to find the stock rear damper was always set too high for compression (bump) and so the rebound setting, if there even was one, was almost not noticable. When I would go to an aftermarket shock/spring assembly such as Fox, I would ease off on the compression and dial in a little more rebound. Result was a very smooth & absorbent ride with terrific wheel control (rear suspension). I discovered all this on my 900 Ninja way back when. My favorite corner was a 105mph sweeper, bumpy too, down to the pegs without so much as a slight shutter. I mean rock solid. I'm sure a car can be set up in this same way, just don't have the experience to do it. But that's why I was looking at the coil-overs. Any comments on how to achieve this ride/handling balance?