PDA

View Full Version : To many miles for power adders?

nathanf2009
08-09-2012, 02:56 AM
So I haven't posted here in quite some time. I added long tube headers, intake, exhaust to my car 2 years ago and really haven't done anything else to it but drive the miles up and put a dent in the quarter panel!! I'm a couple ticks over 82k on the odo and I'm wondering if that's to many miles to do a turbo or supercharger? It really isn't feasible for me to get into another car at this point because anything I get into( that I want that is) I'll be upside on. So my plans are to keep the car, refinance and add more to the power if that is sustainable at this point? What do you guys think??

-Ray-
08-09-2012, 04:04 AM
I don't think a 1900 wouldn't be out of the question.

nathanf2009
08-09-2012, 04:12 AM
That would be fun but at 82k would it hold up? I've never owned a car past 50k miles...someone told me 82k is fine but to me that seems like a lot of miles and stress for the motor at that mileage.

STL_G8GT
08-09-2012, 08:31 AM
That would be fun but at 82k would it hold up? I've never owned a car past 50k miles...someone told me 82k is fine but to me that seems like a lot of miles and stress for the motor at that mileage.

82k is not a lot...

platinum
08-09-2012, 09:21 AM
If the motor is healthy then the miles don't matter. If you have kept up on maintenance, fuel pump, water pump are in good working order do a leakdown test. If all that comes back within spec, boost away.

8ualive
08-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Ha I kinda laughed when I read this thread. Not making fun of the OP. But mine has 110,000 and I just installed a TC, and had a cam installed at 105,000. Also have solo axle backs, vararam cai, 3.27 diff. Never had any trouble out of my car!

Daniel Linnett
08-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I wouldnt worry about it

torqueaddict
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
85,000 here and about 70,000 on the Procharger. Still runs perfect with no oil consumption or other issues. Go for it

gr8lover
08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Personally I should have waited till over 150,000 miles..... pulled engine, cleaned everything up and upgraded, and then added supercharger....... it is never too late to add "fun"...!!!!

Blanky
08-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Waiting is the better idea but who ever wants to do that! You only live once!!!

Slizzo
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
LS motors are fairly stout. Only thing to really worry about are those DoD lifters, but if they haven't gone yet chances are you're ok.

Beyond that, I say "Do eeet!"

HEMIEATR
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I am interested in this info also because I am in the same position! I am at 81k at the moment. Purchased mods but haven't installed them yet. But a while back I spoke with Mike from Haddad about this and I was told that I won't have to worry about that until about 110-120k miles. But I'll be taking my car to Futral Motorsports here in Walker, La in a few weeks to make sure everything is ok before I put a ton of $$$ into it.

travis gore
08-09-2012, 04:11 PM
You will be fine

WickedMom
08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Supercharger Connection is here to help too!! Save time and money with us!!

Plus the best customer service in the industry!!

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

WickedMom
08-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I am interested in this info also because I am in the same position! I am at 81k at the moment. Purchased mods but haven't installed them yet. But a while back I spoke with Mike from Haddad about this and I was told that I won't have to worry about that until about 110-120k miles. But I'll be taking my car to Futral Motorsports here in Walker, La in a few weeks to make sure everything is ok before I put a ton of $$$ into it.

Are you who I spoke to earlier today?

HEMIEATR
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Are you who I spoke to earlier today?

Yes mam!

WickedMom
08-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Sweet!! My husband was not happy I took a sales call while we were driving to our vacation destination, so sorry if I was short. Normally, I'm all about answering questions! Lemme know if I can answer anything at all & if I don't answer, I'll call you back.

2StepsAhead
08-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Check the performancetrucks site, people turbo, supercharge, nitrous very high mileage engines...Im talking well over 150,000. My buddy has a 5.3 with high mileage that has a turbo on it and its living a happy life. As long as youve kept up with maintenance and run a good tune you should be fine.

HEMIEATR
08-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Sweet!! My husband was not happy I took a sales call while we were driving to our vacation destination, so sorry if I was short. Normally, I'm all about answering questions! Lemme know if I can answer anything at all & if I don't answer, I'll call you back.

No problem I totally understand. The information you gave me was helpful enough and I appreciate it. Think I'm going with the procharger though since I plan on trying to make at least 650-680hp. That's not even enough these days though.

nathanf2009
08-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys, this has assured my future purchase in power adders!! WickedMom you'll have a PM soon!

TailG8er
08-09-2012, 06:12 PM
They are never too old for new power.

The new ones break too.

These are stout engines and I would not hesitate if I wanted more power.

HaddadMotorsports
08-11-2012, 03:23 PM
No problem I totally understand. The information you gave me was helpful enough and I appreciate it. Think I'm going with the procharger though since I plan on trying to make at least 650-680hp. That's not even enough these days though.

Making that power level has nothing to do with which power adder you decide to go with. In fact I can't think of one off the top of my head that i couldn't get you deep into the 700rwhp range.
The stock motor will not handle handle that kind of power without significant reinforcement, and neither will the tranny or fuel system. Those will be your bigger problems.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have. No one has more G8 experience than we do, and we're more than happy to share.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032

HaddadMotorsports
08-11-2012, 03:28 PM
So I haven't posted here in quite some time. I added long tube headers, intake, exhaust to my car 2 years ago and really haven't done anything else to it but drive the miles up and put a dent in the quarter panel!! I'm a couple ticks over 82k on the odo and I'm wondering if that's to many miles to do a turbo or supercharger? It really isn't feasible for me to get into another car at this point because anything I get into( that I want that is) I'll be upside on. So my plans are to keep the car, refinance and add more to the power if that is sustainable at this point? What do you guys think??

Your gona be just fine. Do it.

I don't think a 1900 wouldn't be out of the question.

One of my favorites and my recommendation for most. I've got 52k on my 1900 and shes still goin strong. Just ran it at a local road coarse (at the ls series shoot out) and placed 1st over all, and the field included a couple of ls based rx7's .

WickedMom
08-11-2012, 03:38 PM
<3!!

LBV
08-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I've got 52k on my 1900 and shes still goin strong..

85,000 here and about 70,000 on the Procharger. Still runs perfect with no oil consumption or other issues.

These 2 comments say more than anyone else can and it's good news to my ears! Thx for sharing guys.

HEMIEATR
08-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Making that power level has nothing to do with which power adder you decide to go with. In fact I can't think of one off the top of my head that i couldn't get you deep into the 700rwhp range.
The stock motor will not handle handle that kind of power without significant reinforcement, and neither will the tranny or fuel system. Those will be your bigger problems.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have. No one has more G8 experience than we do, and we're more than happy to share.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032

Well in that case I still have some things to rethink. I've already planned on upgrading the fuel system but don't really know what other steps to take. But believe me I will contact you or WickedMom before I do anything.

WickedMom
08-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Sounds good to me!